Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score drop on a retake..

SeattlesBestSeattlesBest Alum Member
in General 165 karma
The very thing I was worried about happened yesterday.. T_T...
I got 3 points lower on the December retake than my initial September test. (160 -> 157)
What's going to happen now?
I have no intention of retaking the LSAT anymore..
Do I need to write an addendum for this drop or is it negligible?
Will I get a worse chance at schools that I'm applying to (T40-50ish schools) because of this drop?
Any words of encouragement will be appreciated...

Comments

• SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    Most schools take your top score, and that's it. I honestly wouldn't worry about it.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    Yeah, they won't be concerned with this. That's a negligible margin, and is, in fact within the same "score band." They'll think you had a bad day on the December test. Like @Simbatron says, they really only look at your top score. That's all they have to report for their rankings, so it's what they use to consider your application.

I dropped on my second take as well. I know it's a bad feeling, but don't let it get you down. That score represents how you did on one test--nothing greater. Of course, your official takes are all that admissions see, but for me at least, this test became much more personal than that. You know what your capabilities are, and this one underperformance doesn't define you.

A 160 is going to give you some great options, so get those apps in! Good luck with admissions!