Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7sage!!!!!!!!

SimbatronSimbatron Member
in General 175 karma
I know, I know, another cheesy THX7SAGE post. BUT! I want to share my story since I'm NOT one of the people aiming to get into a T14 school, to let you know that it is okay to be THRILLED with less than a 170 (no offense to everyone who worked their booty patooty off to get to a 170, hat's off to you, seriously). Here goes....

Last May, I decided I wanted to be a lawyer. I bought a GIANT Kaplan book and began reading it during my lunch breaks. I remember thinking to myself, "Gosh almighty, this book is boring, and large, but if I can just get through it the LSAT will be mine!!!" I sporadically studied during the summer. In August, I got called to go with the Red Cross down to Louisiana to help with the flood relief for 2 weeks. I still had approx. 1/3 of the book left, and the September test was fast approaching. I brought the book with me hoping to study, but with 12 hour days and staying in a staff shelter sleeping on cots, there wasn't any 'quiet' time to do so. I returned home with the same amount of the book left and only 2 weeks to the test. I forced myself to finish the book and thought that was it!! And.....I sat for the September test and made a 153.

I honestly thought that it was a good score (it certainly isn't horrible), but went to talk to a professor at my school of choice who advised me to re-take in December to get at least a 157 to truly be competitive. So, I did a bunch of online research and found 7sage (Almost fell for the $1,000+ Kaplan online course LOL). I studied as much as I could. During this time, I was also working 40+ hours a week, and several personal things were going on that sometimes made it hard to concentrate, and made me want to give up entirely. But, I did not. And here I am to tell you that in December I got a 159. I am competitive for my school. And I am thrilled.

So, new 7sagers, here's to you. If I can improve by 6 points in the most stressful months of my life, working 40+ a week, you can too. If you have more than 3 months, are not working 40+ a week, and are not stressed, just IMAGINE the possibilities! Everyone is different and learns at a different rate, but keep at it. Work the program (now I sound like I'm at AA lol). I believe in you, you are in an incredibly supportive community, and most importantly, you are capable.

Much love, and so THANKFUL to be done with this test!! (One day you'll be done, too!)

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27890 karma
    Right on Simba! Congrats! Now get them apps in!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Congrats!! That's a great improvement and I'm glad you're competitive for your choice school. :)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @Simbatron said:
    I know, I know, another cheesy THX7SAGE post.
    We love these posts doe hehe
    @Simbatron said:
    I am competitive for my school. And I am thrilled.

So, new 7sagers, here's to you. If I can improve by 6 points in the most stressful months of my life, working 40+ a week, you can too. If you have more than 3 months, are not working 40+ a week, and are not stressed, just IMAGINE the possibilities! Everyone is different and learns at a different rate, but keep at it. Work the program (now I sound like I'm at AA lol). I believe in you, you are in an incredibly supportive community, and most importantly, you are capable.

Much love, and so THANKFUL to be done with this test!! (One day you'll be done, too!)
    Yesssss! Congrats, Simba!

https://media.giphy.com/media/iSCrkM8ib0uti/giphy.gif