Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February LSAT: 1 Week Remaining

jdoghoopjdoghoop Free Trial Member
edited February 2018 in February 2018 LSAT 12 karma

Would anyone advise against taking 3 tests within the week? If so, what alternative practice would you recommend during my final days of studying?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

Howdy @jdoghoop,

I don't think taking 3 PTs in the next 7 days will be helpful at all. Diagnostics are basically only good for diagnosing weaknesses so that you can create some targeted drilling/study sessions. If you've already done a good amount of PTs, I think your stamina is about as good as it's going to get at this point.

The important thing here is that you can already see where you need some work. So I would spend most of the next week drilling games from PT 62 and onward, as well as maybe more closely examining your LR issues. If you're missing between almost half of the questions on some sections, there has to be some discernible pattern there. Perhaps it isn't one question type and it's questions that have conditional logic heavy stimuli or maybe you have trouble seeing the gap in assumption family questions. Either way, you may have to dig deeper to uncover what exactly is the problem. 7Sage's analytics can be very helpful for that. https://7sage.com/score-lsat-test/

Having said that, I would probably dedicate most of my time drilling games. They seem to be the easiest way to see improvement in a short amount of time. Have you tried 7Sage's fool proof method? https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

I wouldn't recommend three tests in the final week, but if you do 3, I would recommend stacking them near the beginning of the week. You don't want to do anything that makes you feel tired of the LSAT at the end of the week.

I wouldn't take a PT later than Wednesday. If I were you and really wanted to get through all three, I would take two on Saturday, blind review them, and take another on Monday or Tuesday. This way you could finish reviewing them by Wednesday and have at least Thursday and Friday to rest with only a little light drilling.

That said I do agree with @"Alex Divine" that an approach lighter on PTs would be better for you although I think they can make a useful training tool on their own when combined with a thorough blind review.

For my retake, I did one PT on Saturday. I felt like it went well so I didn't take another since I wanted to maintain the momentum. I left two of the then available PTs untaken. Other than that I just did some light drilling and I wound up scoring better than my average.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

Do/foolproof as many games as you can handle through next Thursday. I agree with the advice that you should go lighter on practice tests, given how little time is left. If you can identify some definite problem areas in LR, you might drill 5-10 questions of those types of questions. Clearly you're not quite where you could be yet. Or just do sections and BR them.

Also be sure to review any important notes on the three sections. Review logic, reasoning errors in LR, etc. Maybe go back over games you did and see if you can easily see the "big picture" of those games, how they work, etc.