Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resources for by-type drills?

GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member
in General 100 karma

Hey guys, I was thinking about purchasing the LSAT questions by-type published by cambridge LSAT (one of my friends who studys at YLS recommends it to me) but their prices appear to be totally unaffordable when I searched on amazon (~$999). I was wondering if anyone of you could recommend some by-type drill resources to me?
I am saving the PTs after 40 for timing practice, so ideally I hope all questions from the by-type drills are derived from PT 1-20.
Thanks!!!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

7sage comes with a question bank which you can filter by question type. IDK if it's only in ultimate+ or if it's in the other ones too.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Yup you can in any of the packages, at least I could when I had starter. But I could only select easy questions from the limited PTs that were available. Ultimate+ is probably the best value of anything, since you will get LG and RC bundles for PT 1-35, along with 80PT's worth of questions that you can filter by type and difficulty.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

Yeah, the higher 7Sage packs are probably the best value on this. If Cambridge is going to cost $1K, why not just buy Ultimate+ at that point. It comes with every PT ever published, and you can organize all of that into any kind of drill packs you can conceive of. I know that doesn't answer your question of how to get it for less, but it's definitely a better value at least. I think Powerscore may have some drill books that chop up questions by type? I'm not really sure. Ultimately, any legally obtained version of this is going to be pricey. It's all copyrighted material, so there's folk want to get paid.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes, please save yourself the trouble and consider Ultimate+. It's the best-organized.

• GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member
    100 karma

@"surfy surf" @"Cant Get Right" @lsatplaylist @estouten25
    Hey guys! Thanks for your comments. I actually prefer hard copies over digital version, but if all of you guys recommend ultimate+ I guess I will just go for it. Could I organize the questions into drills and print them out as paper copies if I purchase ultimate+?

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@GrumpySnail said:
    Could I organize the questions into drills and print them out as paper copies if I purchase ultimate+?

Definitely!

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@FixedDice said:

@GrumpySnail said:
    Could I organize the questions into drills and print them out as paper copies if I purchase ultimate+?

Definitely!

The questions are already categorized for you, to be precise.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

Yep, it’s all printable! Choose the material you want to drill and it’ll format it all into a nice tidy set that you can print out and do for real! Phenomenal feature.

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

@GrumpySnail Hey there! What people are saying here is right.

Here's a quick video showing you what the drill sets look like:

Here's what the LG Bundle looks like:

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited February 2018 3652 karma

This book has the 1-20 RC grouped by specific types (Humanities Passages, Social Sciences Passages, Biological & Physical Sciences Passages, and Issues Related to the Law Passages) for $40 used on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0984199721/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc_mma?ie=UTF8&condition=all

If you don't want to go thru the tedium of taking screenshots of the 7sage videos to print, maybe you could find a similar used book online somewhere for LR.

The 7sage LG bundle is so worth the buy since it's a PDF.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited February 2018 9377 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    The 7sage LG bundle is so worth the buy since it's a PDF.

Yep, the LG Bundle was a life saver for me! But it’s an e-doc, not a PDF :wink: :wink: (LSAC doesn’t allow PDFs)