Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FoolProof Method Strategy

I was wondering what the most effective method would be to foolproof logic games 1 - 35. For those of you who have done all the games from 1 - 35, would you recommend doing them in order or by game type? Ex., should i do 4 games from PT 1 each day in that order until i reach PT 35, or should they be done differently?

Also, if i wanted to foolproof games 36 - 60 instead of games 1 - 35, would that be just as effective?

Thanks again for any feedback, i appreciate it. :)

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@FutureLawyer007 said:
    I was wondering what the most effective method would be to foolproof logic games 1 - 35. For those of you who have done all the games from 1 - 35, would you recommend doing them in order or by game type? Ex., should i do 4 games from PT 1 each day in that order until i reach PT 35, or should they be done differently?

Also, if i wanted to foolproof games 36 - 60 instead of games 1 - 35, would that be just as effective?

I recommend doing them in order because I agree with @Pacifico's opinion:

3) In my opinion you absolutely should never record the category of any game you attempt. If you do, it will negatively influence your work since you will know going in to use a chart or to sequence and group rather than just deducing what needs to be done. When you take the LSAT it doesn't say GROUPING GAME in bold type at the top of the page, so you should practice like its the real thing, which means no knowledge of categories.

Also, if you are just starting out, I think you should keep PT36-60 for full PTs!

Good luck :blush:

• 62 karma

@akistotle Thanks for the feedback :) Cheers!

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

I'd say save the later PTs for exactly that... PTs, as they're much more similar to the real thing.

As for the way I went about it, at first I foolproofed PTs 35-33 (chosen fairly randomly, honestly). However, after just a few PTs, I realized where I was particularly weak (ex. In-Out Games). After that I focused on the type of games I struggled with, before going back to just working through the PTs systematically.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

@FutureLawyer007 said:

How are you with games? When are you sitting for the LSAT?

I don't necessarily think doing an arbitrarily set number of games (i.e. 1-35, 40-60) is always the best way to improve. Yes, I think FP'ing 36-60 can be just about be as effective as 1-35. But It's my personal opinion that people make too much of "saving" newer tests when It's far more important that you have enough time to expose yourself to all of the most recent tests than it is that you preserve recent tests to use for diagnostic purposes.

I also think games are one area of the LSAT that take constant practice to maintain. I've been studying on and off for over a year and half and during that time there have been times where I was really good at games and times where I didn't touch a game for months and sucked as a result... This was not the case of LR/RC. But for LG, if I didn't use it, I was losing it. lol

That said, I think the earlier PTs can be a good place to start and practice with since you never know how much practice with games you'll need. I did most of 1-35 and I still was weak on newer PTs, missing 3-5 per section whereas on older sections I was missing only 1-2. In that regard, I was thankful I didn't start off and burn newer tests. On the other hand, I do think the arc of LG sections and frequency with which certain game types appear has changed. If I didn't have as much time to prep as I do, I might want to focus more on the games from the 40s or 50s and onward.

• 62 karma

@Alex Hey. I plan on writing in June or September. I'm not good with games at all. I understand basic sequencing games but the more difficult ones, grouping, and mixed are hard for me to complete. I redid the logic games curriculum again and hopefully this time around the games start clicking.

I hear often that the newer logic games are different from the older ones, so i was just wondering if it was worth it to do 1-35 rather than 36-56/60.

• 62 karma

@hawaiihi how much did you improve after foolproofing games 35-33? So did you foolproof only from 3 PTs?

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@FutureLawyer007 said:
    @hawaiihi how much did you improve after foolproofing games 35-33? So did you foolproof only from 3 PTs?

I didn't necessarily see drastic improvement YET in my time and accuracy, but I saw what types of games I was weaker at. It also helped me just to get more of an idea of what to look for, how to diagram, etc from watching the videos. After 35-33, I went and did all the In-Out games, which were hard for me. Then I started doing other types that I'd found were hard. That's when the improvement started to happen.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

I would do them by game type first to become comfortable with the different board structures and whatnot. As you go along, you will feel more comfortable with individual game types and so should progress to full timed sections. Work hard, work smart, don't repeat games too often.