Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canadian law schools: LSAT scores/GPA averages?

Tim HortonsTim Hortons Alum Member
edited March 2018 in Law School Admissions 389 karma

I'm interested in a handful of Canadian law schools -- primarily UBC, UofT, Osgoode, Queens, Dalhousie, UOttawa, and UofA. Can any current law students, previous applicants, or knowledgeable hopefuls shed light on LSAT/GPA stats for any of the schools?

EDIT: More specifically, I'm interested in hearing about individual stats, either of those who've made it in or of friends you know who've received acceptance.

Comments

• JumpmanJJumpmanJ Member
    24 karma

It should be on their websites but off the top of my head, I think to be competitive it would be around this:

UBC GPA 3.7/165
    UofT: 4.0/166
    Osgoode: Holistic therefore impossible to say but still quite high...
    Dalhousie: 3.7/162 + Holistic
    UOttawa: Holistic --> My friend got in with a 3.3/163
    UofA: 3.7/161

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

Fellow Canadian here :)
    UBC's medians are 166 and an 83% average, so 3.75(ish)!
    Generally, UBC uses an index score, so if either your GPA or LSAT is exceptionally high, the other can be pretty subpar and you can still get offered admission.
    Check out this link so you can play around with the index numbers: http://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/45607-ubc-gpa-calculator-and-chances-predictor/

• Tim HortonsTim Hortons Alum Member
    edited March 2018 389 karma

Thanks for your replies, and good to hear from some fellow Canadians!

I suppose I should have been a lot more specific, haha. I have a good understanding of the schools' averages from snooping around on the websites. However, I'm curious to hear individual stats, either of those who've received acceptance or those who know relative stats of friends who've made it in.

• Tim HortonsTim Hortons Alum Member
    edited March 2018 389 karma

@adillpickle said:
    Fellow Canadian here :)
    UBC's medians are 166 and an 83% average, so 3.75(ish)!
    Generally, UBC uses an index score, so if either your GPA or LSAT is exceptionally high, the other can be pretty subpar and you can still get offered admission.
    Check out this link so you can play around with the index numbers: http://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/45607-ubc-gpa-calculator-and-chances-predictor/

I'm definitely going to check that site out, thanks!