Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will law schools see my study abroad GPA?

Hi 7sagers,

I am currently attending and pursuing a bachelor's degree from a foreign school(outside of the U.S./Canada). Meanwhile, two years ago, I have studied for one semester at a university in the U.S. as an exchange student through a study abroad program at my home school.
From what I have understood, I need to submit two transcripts from both my home school and the school in America. However, since my school is an international institution, those two GPAs will appear separately on different reports and will not be combined together. The thing is that my home school GPA is good - but apparently law schools will not care it much because it's not from a domestic one - whereas the other from the America school is not(3.59/4.00), which worries me as it being the U.S. school and my future law school would see it carefully. If it were a cumulative GPA, those grades from the U.S. school would be smoothed out a bit, but it turns out that's not the case.

Is there anyone who has a similar issue with me? How will law schools consider this situation?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping this thread to the top so someone can see it!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma

How do the grades show on your US university transcript? Pass/Fail?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I believe this is actually something the dark lords at LSAC will actually explain to you quite well if you call or email them directly. I called them the other day for a transcript issue (not the same one you have) and they were very forthcoming and helpful.