Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Truth and Validity, Section of CC

edited March 2018 in Logical Reasoning 66 karma

I apologize if this is going to sound elementary.

I'm struggling with the following sections: Validity and MBT, Some and Most Relationships, and Invalid Argument forms.

Should I be making review-sheets for these sections?

Thanks.

Chuggin' Maple Syrup.

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

What, specifically, is giving you trouble? If you include "#help" in your comment on a given lesson that gives your difficulty, we can see that and reply to your comment.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I think a review sheet would be beneficial. It would help reinforce the concepts.

• Tim HortonsTim Hortons Alum Member
    edited March 2018 389 karma

I just finished this section and rest assured that while it starts out rough, you're going to feel like a million bucks once you get things down.

My approach to these sections involved creating flashcards of the invalid/valid forms. I drilled them everyday until they were second nature. I also took the Validity/MBT, Some/Most Relationships, and Invalid Argument Forms sections very slowly, pacing through it and not moving onto the next lesson until I solidified my understanding. In all, I spent a solid week on these sections while simultaneously drilling through my flashcards two/three times a day.

Trust me, friend, it's gruelling, but it sure as hell pays off moving forward.

• sandy180sandy180 Alum Member
    159 karma

Just some advice that worked for me. I memorized the 9 valid argument forms until I knew them as well as my phone number (which I know very well). The invalid forms are anything but those 9. It took some time but now it's second nature. Gook luck, there is no substitute for time and practice!