Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR process

BroccoliBroccoli Core Member
in General 352 karma

For BR process, can I change answers to all of the questions or only the ones that I circled?

Comments

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Redo all questions that you're not 100% confident on. You should be 100% confident on your answers to all of the questions by the time you're done with BR. By the end, if you got questions wrong, you have something to figure out: what went wrong? You were 100% confident in your answer!

• s_jrickes_jricke Alum Member
    360 karma

@Broccoli180 said:
    For BR process, can I change answers to all of the questions or only the ones that I circled?

It is really best to work on just the ones you circled because it's the best way to tell if you are over or under confident. Your confidence measure will be skewed, if you know in the back of your mind you are going to check every question. If you are just beginning, it might be good to work on as many questions as possible, but once you get comfortable with the different types of questions you really have to focus on the ones that are the most difficult. I'm still trying to cut down on the amount of questions I circle because too many are simply a result of under confidence. For instance, on my last test I think I circled around 15 questions on the LR and RC sections but only needed to change one answer. Learning the difference between mere under-confidence and when a question actually doesn't make sense to you is really important and can lead to drastic improvements. I say this because about a month ago I was still finishing sections with barely any time to spare so I said to my self that I needed to grow some nuts, go balls to wall on tests from now on, and have faith in my abilities. It's been the way to go. I still have a few over-confidence errors here and there, but it's ok because I have so much time now to go back through the questions that really gave me trouble. I'm now often able to finish a section with zero circles even after initially circling five or six on the first pass because I have that extra time to back. Every test since then has been 170+ and my last three were 178, 171, and 180 respectively. To be sure, I've still got much work to do until June but building that confidence on un-circled questions has done wonders.

1207 karma

@s_jricke good point! I didn't think about the difference between under-confidence and actually not understanding the material. I hope to get to your level someday (soon)!

• s_jrickes_jricke Alum Member
    360 karma

@btownsquee said:
    @s_jricke good point! I didn't think about the difference between under-confidence and actually not understanding the material. I hope to get to your level someday (soon)!

I remember watching a video of JY doing commentary of somebody doing an LR section and he said that the student was spending too long on certain questions because of under-confidence. He said something about how the student needed to "realize his awesomeness." That phrase has stuck with me since. You gotta build that confidence and REALIZE YOUR AWESOMENESS.

1207 karma

@s_jricke I love that! I will keep that in mind for sure.

A quote JY has said that's stuck with me is "Everyone can get good at logic games. You're not special. You'll get good at logic games just like everyone else!" (or something along those lines).