Cataloging Questions/Learning

polygonwindowlickerpolygonwindowlicker Alum Member
in General 99 karma

Hi,

Does anyone have tips on cataloging/documenting questions they have especially learned from? After the Blind Review, do you flag these questions (granted you're already doing that with questions you didn't know you didn't know, in which case J.Y. recommends having a copy of them handy for review from time to time)? If so, for the flagged questions, do you use a notebook or electronic document where you catalog them, and in what detail? I'd like to know whether after Blind Reviewing a test, it should be revisited sometime in the future or not.

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

I took pictures of LR questions I answered incorrectly/didn't fully understand. I kept them in their own folder on my phone. I also took pictures of entire LG boards and RC passages and questions and cataloged them similarly.

• CoffeeBeansCoffeeBeans Member
    edited April 2018 81 karma

I am documenting them in one spreadsheet in google drive (titled LSAT PT Notes).
    I start a new sheet for each PT that I take, and mark the questions I didn't get right with red, along with an explanation next to the question number.
    If I do understand the answer and/or got the question right, but I think I should review it before the actual test day, I mark it purple.
    If I got it right and don't need to come back to it, I mark it green.

• polygonwindowlickerpolygonwindowlicker Alum Member
    99 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    I took pictures of LR questions I answered incorrectly/didn't fully understand. I kept them in their own folder on my phone. I also took pictures of entire LG boards and RC passages and questions and cataloged them similarly.

@goingfor99th Thank you. How often do you review these questions?

• polygonwindowlickerpolygonwindowlicker Alum Member
    99 karma

@CoffeeBeans said:
    I am documenting them in one spreadsheet in google drive (titled LSAT PT Notes).
    I start a new sheet for each PT that I take, and mark the questions I didn't get right with red, along with an explanation next to the question number.
    If I do understand the answer and/or got the question right, but I think I should review it before the actual test day, I mark it purple.
    If I got it right and don't need to come back to it, I mark it green.

@CoffeeBeans Thanks. Does this mean you're setting aside some time before actual test day just for review?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@dodobird said:

@goingfor99th said:

@goingfor99th Thank you. How often do you review these questions?

I'd review them often, at least daily until I felt like I had established a solid understanding of them.

• CoffeeBeansCoffeeBeans Member
    edited April 2018 81 karma

Yes, most likely. It would also depend on whether I have achieved mastery on those question types or not. I am taking the test in June, so I am reviewing old PT notes periodically, and looking for places where I can improve.