Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your 170+ study plan?

TheBatmanTheBatman Alum Member
edited April 2018 in General 255 karma

Hey everyone,

I'm taking a step back and redoing the CC. When I first did it, I went through it too fast to internalize what I learned.

After abandoning the LSAT for a while, I've decided to come back strong for one last shot.

I want to hit 170+ and am around the 150 range right now.

My plan in order:
1.) Go through The LSAT Trainer (BOOK), while building up my RC skill.
2.) Mastering LR by revisiting the CC, mainly focusing what I most need improvement on.
3.) Pacifico’s Logic Games Attack Strategy
4.) PTs and BR.

Ill supplement my learning watching webinars, visiting discussion pages, and engaging with the 7Sage community.

I hope to make it in time for the Sept test, but we'll see.

Any other recommendations, advice or feedback? I definitely need it. (I imagine I'll be tweaking my study schedule a bit).
What's your plan?

Edit*
Here is Pacifico’s Logic Games Attack Strategy:
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Hi @TheBatman,

I think it would be helpful for 7Sagers to know your sectional score average and your BR score average!

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

1) PTs with deep BR
    2) Drilling problem areas
    3) Continue FPing Logic Games
    4) Ironing out timing strategies, bubbling strategies, etc.
    5) Trying to get into good habits, like meditation and morning exercise
    6) Trying to avoid burnout as much as possible

• mjs44mjs44 Member
    19 karma

I second the BR. I have been doing it ever since I learned about it through this course.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

what is Pacifico's LG bundle strategy? @TheBatman

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@ZaTabler said:
    what is Pacifico's LG bundle strategy? @TheBatman

I think @TheBatman is referring to Pacifico’s Logic Games Attack Strategy:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10784 karma

@TheBatman said:
    Hey everyone,

I'm taking a step back and redoing the CC. When I first did it, I went through it too fast to internalize what I learned.

After abandoning the LSAT for a while, I've decided to come back strong for one last shot.

I want to hit 170+ and am around the 150 range right now.

In a weird way the way to get to 170 from 150 is to do things that would get you to start scoring in low 160 first. Then you have to drop some of the strategies you were doing to get into low 160 to make it to high 160. In a similar way, some of what you did to get to high 160 is going to hold yo back from scoring in low 170's. But each of these things are extremely necessary to start scoring in the next range. So you can't skip these step.

For example, often to get to low 160's for LR, it really helps to read while focusing on parsing out the grammar. We take the fact that we can speak english for granted and chose not to focus on grammar, when I think most of the test is testing out our understanding of that. A lot of people hate doing this because it seems so redundant, but its really not and a lot of the mistakes happen because of grammar. This is also the time to really get familiar with the recurring cookie cutter type arguments and focusing on doing concise summary after reading each argument. Also, when doing a section I would make myself chose 4 questions to skip completely and under 30 seconds and to not attempt those questions again till blind review time. This keeps your focus on the easier questions you can get correct.

To get to high 160 range, the focus needs to change from having that metacognition, where you were doing concise summaries before, to trusting that when you read an argument and you see what's wrong, you don't have to summarize things. Where before you were noticing how cookie cutter arguments are and trying to see if the argument you were reading is similar, now you trust that you know those argument type and focus on the nuances that you read. Also, you have to trust now that you can parse out the grammar, so the reading has to be done in a manner where you are engaged and connecting each sentence to the previous one as you read. So by the time you are done reading, you know what the flaw is or you realize early on that because you are having difficulty understanding it, you should skip. For this range, I would reduce the questions needed to skip from four to two. Also, here the blind review changes a bit, instead of circling each and every question that you were not 100% about, you start to only circle questions that you think you got wrong.

For the 170 range, you have to trust that you know your stuff and the focus increasingly needs to become about having a really good form and having a section strategy that suits you.

My plan in order:
    1.) Go through The LSAT Trainer (BOOK), while building up my RC skill.
    2.) Mastering LR by revisiting the CC, mainly focusing what I most need improvement on.

• Focus on re-doing the core lessons: Grammar and logic. Do those drills and make sure that you are comfortable with conditional logic to be able to do it in your head and without needing to draw things out.

• Do concise summaries after reading each stimulus -extracting the cookie cutter nature out of those arguments. For example, if JY says its a phenomena hypothesis structure, make sure that you spot it and learn to spot similar arguments in future and how to perform each of those operation that a question stem asks you for that particular argument type..

3.) Do Pacifico's LG Bundle Strategy.
    4.) PTs and BR.

Ill supplement my learning watching webinars, visiting discussion pages, and engaging with the 7Sage community.

Looks good! I hope this helped.

• TheBatmanTheBatman Alum Member
    255 karma

@akistotle

I think it would be helpful for 7Sagers to know your sectional score average and your BR score average!

Ill have to get down to one. Haven't done one properly because I just drilled and BRed my weak question types after test. Which was probably not the best thing to do.

@"Return On Inference"
    @mjs44
    Yeah, I will to start doing more BRs, I feel like I need to have better plan of attack when tackling question types first though. I want to get to the point where I don't get questions wrong with BR.

@Sami

Thanks for the wisdom.

Also, here the blind review changes a bit, instead of circling each and every question that you were not 100% about, you start to only circle questions that you think you got wrong.

Interesting, I didn't realize that.

Do concise summaries after reading each stimulus -extracting the cookie cutter nature out of those arguments.

I definitely need to do that!

having a section strategy that suits you.

Good, I guess I won't have to worry about this too much until I start scoring higher.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

@Sami I literally copy and paste most of the advice you give on these forums on a separate word doc. You should really considering publishing an LSAT study book with these gems