Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Back...

kjsmith914kjsmith914 Alum Member
in General 226 karma

After taking a total hiatus after withdrawing from the October test and then canceling the December test... I didn't know if I'd ever be back here. I just moved across the country to start a new job, so a lot is up in the air right now. Since I haven't been studying, I've been enjoying the extra free time more than ever, but a little voice in my head is telling me that I need to stop being lazy.

Any tips on getting back into it? Hoping the long break won't be too hard to bounce back from.

Comments

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

You got this!!! I would refresh yourself with fundamentals and print out a practice test to see where your weaknesses are.

• Krystell C.Krystell C. Member
    72 karma

@kjsmith914 I am in somewhat of a similar boat. I started 7Sage CC, stopped because I started a face-to-face course, but plan on coming back to 7Sage once the course is over. I plan on starting slow and from the very beginning. Not sure how that will work out, but I'll keep you posted!

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

Just get back into it....sometimes you have to act your way into feeling. I took a decent break from the LSAT to finish my degree and found that when I returned the material seemed easier. Looking back, I probably burned myself out doing school and stressing about the LSAT.

• Juillidame-1Juillidame-1 Alum Member
    53 karma

I think you'll find you're probably going to be stronger now, meaning you will have more clarity about the subject matter....go with ZaTabler's advice and try to pinpoint your weaknesses...after the test, finish the CC if you haven't done so already!

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

After cancelling the December test, I have taken a break too and honestly it was what I needed. I am getting back into it too because I really do think law school is what I am meant to do. So welcome back! I am in your shoes and we got this!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited May 2018 1777 karma

I did something similar! I got a concussion at the end of November right after finishing LR, then I moved. Two weeks ago, I restarted LR. It has been discouraging at times because I knew things before that I struggled with the second time around, but I'm glad I am relearning the entire thing. It can be hard for me to set my ego aside and not think that I "should" know all of those things, so I'm approaching everything like it is brand new. I am taking a month to power through it and then will move on. What helped me get back into it was a study schedule. 7sage has a scheduling tool, but I made my own because there will be some weeks when I won't be able to study as much as usual. Reward yourself when you finish the "most important" question types with like 14 question sets, and make sure that you take breaks. You don't want to burn out right away!