Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGA Application

jhanco10jhanco10 Alum Member

Good afternoon,

I received my June LSAT score today. My score was 159 and my current GPA is 3.87. Here is some data about the University of Georgia's applicant pool from last year https://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/SchoolsABAData/SchoolPage/SchoolPage.aspx
I will definitively retake, but this was a positive test take for me and I am not sure how much I can improve at this point. With strong LOR's, PS, and GPA, but a mediocre LSAT, how far behind the blackball will I be of receiving acceptance to UGA if I don't improve my score?
Thank you in advance! I hope the June test treated people well. I'm so thankful for the helpful 7Sage community.

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

With a 3.87, why not shoot higher? That is a seriously competitive GPA. Don't let this test hold you back. Plus, you say you have other strong materials. You owe it to yourself to go out and get the best score you can.

Take a few weeks and reflect on your weaknesses. Work with the community. Revisit the curriculum. Don't put a deadline on your success and never settle. I was in your position a few years ago and have no regrets on pushing myself. You got this!

• Rooney10Rooney10 Alum Member
    46 karma

You are incredibly competitive for UGA. I have a friend who had the identical LSAT and GPA, and he got in ED with a scholarship within two weeks of submitting his application. I am applying this fall with the same GPA, but I am hoping to score around you in the July LSAT. Good luck, and hopefully we will both get it!

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma

I'd call it a target. You're in the zone such that your essays are going to make a difference. Good luck!