Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest opinions. Is 7Sage ultimate+ plus worth it?

rdot2015rdot2015 Free Trial Member
edited November 2019 in General 15 karma

Hi! Basically my question is: is ultimate plus worth it if I’m gonna only use it for two months (I test in September)?? Or will a cheaper plan get the job done as well? I want to score a 170, and I already bought every preptest up to 83, so I’m not concerned about having less not enough preptests if I go with a lower plan...what do you all think based on your experience? So I’m kinda in a unique situation, I’m wondering if 7Sage would be worth it for me. I want to retake the test in September. So previously i studied for the LSAT for a year and took it this past June and got a 163... i missed 1 on LG, 9 on RC, and 5 on the first LR and 4 on the second LR. in the practice tests leading up to this score (79-82) I received a 165 four times in a row. I had also received a 169 ond my lowest score in the two months leading up to the test was a 162. The way I studied was I worked through all of the powerscore bibles and then took a practice test every weekend starting with the 40s, and I used all the practice tests lower than 40s as practice questions. Honestly this was a dumb choice because I’ve used every single preptest there is and I don’t have any fresh ones left to practice. I’m wondering if it’s worth it to buy lsat ultimate ($749 for 18 months) when I’m only gonna have 2 months to use it? Also Im thinking about just buying the lowest level, but I’m afraid that the questions mgt be too easy? What was your all’s experience. Also I want to score 170+ and I was wondering if you guys think ultimate+ package would be the best choice for me or if 170+ is just unattainable at this point. I noticed ultimate plus is the only package hat offers hard questions, and I’m worries about buying the basic package because I feel like I already have a good grasp on the basics and I need to focus on the hard questions. Also I’ve already bought every preptest available, so I’m a little hesitant to spend more money. But if it’s truly really worth it to buy the ultimate plus at this point, I’m 100% down. Also if you guys have any success stories, I would love to hear them!
Thanks!

[Admin note: Ultimate+ includes 12 months now]

Which package is worth it to score 170+?
  1. Which package is worth it to score 170+?30 votes
    1. Starter
      16.67%
    2. Premium
        3.33%
    3. Ultimate
        6.67%
    4. Ultimate plus
      73.33%

Comments

• janelleengjanelleeng Alum Member
    154 karma

I got the ultimate plus and I can honestly say it's been very helpful. I just need to be more disciplined but I feel like the ultimate plus has everything you need to know.

• cdaddario2cdaddario2 Member
    362 karma

rdot2015 Your situation is different than most people studying for the LSAT. You didn't state what areas you were weakest. The 7Sage Ultimate is great for the person starting from scratch, or someone who wants to take advantage of all of the information and explanations included in that package. You won't have time to immerse yourself in everything Ultimate has to offer. But the thing in Ultimate that might benefit you are all of the explanations and the hints toward making each question a process driven action. For that the Ultimate Package is very valuable. Whether you choose to go with the expensive offering or not, I would suggest this, pick up Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer book. See if any of his methods of learning are helpful. It is only $60 I think and his methods are very good.
    Best of Luck, but you won't need it. You are already there.

• rdot2015rdot2015 Free Trial Member
    15 karma

@cdaddario2 thanks so much for the advice. That’s good to know. Also I just added it in, but I missed 1 on LG, 9 on RC, and 4 on the first LR, 5 on the second LR. I’ll have to check out the LSAT trainer, do you feel like it helped with RC and LR?

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Hell yes! It really has everything!

• cdaddario2cdaddario2 Member
    362 karma

It is ok with both. Certainly helpful. I think it is best with LG. It is clearly written and filled with useful lessons and hints.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I'll offer my perspective as someone who was kinda in your same situation.

I started out with just the Starter package here because I had already bought the majority of available tests. With that package, you get the entire core curriculum (every lesson actually teaching you what you need to know), the easiest problem sets, and just a handful of tests worth of video explanations for each question.

Pros of just the Starter: obviously the cheapest, you get all of the lessons, and access to analytics, which is so beyond helpful. There's also sort of a work around with the problem sets. Even though you can't view the questions or explanations, you are able to search all of the questions of every available test. So say you wanted to practice the highest difficulty of sufficient assumption questions. You can search in the question bank for that question type, sort by difficulty, and then write down which questions come up. Then you can go back to your hard copy of the test that you have and find it. Obviously, that's a lot of work, and not very graceful or efficient. Besides that, you won't get the incredibly helpful video explanations of those questions.

Now that I have upgraded to Ultimate+, I can see the immense value of it. Not only do you get access to all of the problem sets, easy through difficult, you can also more or less build your own problem sets through the method above, without having to pull up 5 different books and flip through finding individual questions. And if you cannot figure out the reasoning behind one of them, you can watch the video explanation where JY breaks it down. The video explanations for every question on every single prep test available is gold, lemme tell you. There's always going to be a question here or there you're stumped on, and being able to have what feels like your own private instructor breaking it down for you is so, so good.

I would also say, I really don't think the PS bibles hold a candle to 7sage for the depth and quality of the lessons. JY also has a great sense of humor and makes things easily understandable and, dare I say it, almost fun lol. I would highly recommend going through all of the core curriculum, even though you have a lot of basics down. I started with the PS bibles before finding 7sage, and I really feel like the curriculum here is so much more thorough and useful. But, you're here deciding which package to choose, so I suppose I don't really need to pitch you on the whole curriculum lol. Just giving my testimony.

That said, I think it's going to be a tough push to break 170 by September. Most people plateau in the upper 160s (that's where I'm at now haha). Once you get above about 165/166, every single point is very very tough to come by. I definitely think you can get there, just timeline of September is going to be tight.

So, that's a lot of information, and I hope it was helpful. I will admit, I didn't see all of the virtues of the Ultimate+ until I had it. It really is just filled to the brim with such good content. It will be tough to cover all the material in that amount of time though. So you can always start with the Starter and upgrade later if you want. (Upgrading doesn't give you the full amount of time as buying the bigger packages outright, but if you ask the right person around here, it's possible to get those missing months back.)

Hope that helps!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I used ultimate plus and nearly all the materials that came with it. Couldn’t recommend it enough!

• PadawanPadawan Member
    91 karma

I myself just upgraded to Plus before reading this thread and now I feel even better about my investment. I had already read enough about it prior to be totally convinced, and would like to now throw in my own encouragement as well for Plus. It is the best value and you just don't know how long you will be needing it. I will definitely use up everything! Thanks @JustDoIt and @Leah MB for taking time out to give back. You rock!

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    231 karma

When I first started studying for the LSAT I was in your position, I had already bought ALL of the PTs and also the Powerscore Bibles, so I just went with the Starter. I think it was the best choice for me. Of course, it would have been awesome to have the explanations to PT questions, but the price just didn't make sense for only two months of use. However, if price isn't an issue for you, I would go with Ultimate.

If like me you are a little more price conscious, go with Starter, finish the CC, do some PTs, and most importantly, BR. I think with your own dedication and mindfulness of the materials, you don't necessarily need Ultimate/Ultimate+, especially for only two months. If you later decide to take the LSAT again (hopefully not!!!), maybe then switch or upgrade to Ultimate. That's what I wish I had done in hindsight since I took in September and am retaking in about a week for July, eek.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

With only two months, I actually don't think you could really even take advantage of the Starter. I don't think it's enough time to break 170 in the overwhelming number of cases, and it's actually far more likely to hurt you. Relearning the fundamentals to switch from Powerscore to 7Sage methodologies is absolutely a big net gain, but there's no rewards for simply completing the Core Curriculum. You have to change your way of thinking, get comfortable with the new approaches, and reinforce everything through practice. This just isn't a process that can play itself out in two months.

I'm definitely not a PS fan, but if two months is all you have, I think you'd almost certainly do better to stick with what you've been doing as far as fundamentals go and focus on developing more effective testing strategies: time management and procedural stuff. In two months, these things can still have a big impact.

Of course, if there are no extenuating circumstances preventing it, you could always abandon the two month limitation and give yourself the time you need. In that case, Ultimate+ all the way!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

YES. Seriously, yes. Anyone looking to score a 160+ should get it if he/she can make it work financially. Since you're looking to score 170+, I'm tempted to say that you need it. Of course, it's possible to score that high without it if you're naturally skilled at the LSAT question types.

The rate of return in scholarship money is insane. If you get two of the harder questions right on the LSAT, that's typically $7,500 in scholarship. (You don't have access to harder/hardest problem sets without Ultimate+.) Plus, you get the admissions course, which is very helpful. Go for it! You won't be disappointed.