Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missed September Deadline

LSATStudent780LSATStudent780 Alum Member
in General 102 karma

This is so stupid that I did this, but I forgot to register for the September exam. The deadline was yesterday. Do you think I could call someone? What are my options? What could I possibly do? I am so stressed right now

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I don't think there's any way to register at this point. I think your best bet is to just go ahead and register for the November test now. That's early enough that you can still apply this cycle (if that's what you were aiming for).

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

I'm sorry you missed it :(. I doubt anything can be done at this point. You can always try calling LSAC and see what they say. My advice would be to register for November today and study for that test. Accept that Sept is not happening and look at the bright side of more studying for a possibly higher score. Good luck dude :heart:

• kayyyy95kayyyy95 Alum Member
    95 karma

I'm in the same boat. I just called them and they said there are absolutely no exceptions (I have no idea why they got rid of the late registration period, but so it goes). I'm feeling really irresponsible and stupid for not even realizing the deadline passed, but I guess there's literally nothing we can do at this moment except use this as a motivator to study really hard once and for all for the November test. On the bright side, the November test is early enough that we can get scores back by early December and apply by early-mid December, which I think is still a decent time to apply and still be a competitive applicant. With this sudden change in plans, I'm aiming to have all my apps done ASAP so they are ready to go the minute I get my scores. Good luck!! I'm sure it'll all work out for both of us.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@kayyyy95 said:
    I'm in the same boat. I just called them and they said there are absolutely no exceptions (I have no idea why they got rid of the late registration period, but so it goes). I'm feeling really irresponsible and stupid for not even realizing the deadline passed, but I guess there's literally nothing we can do at this moment except use this as a motivator to study really hard once and for all for the November test. On the bright side, the November test is early enough that we can get scores back by early December and apply by early-mid December, which I think is still a decent time to apply and still be a competitive applicant. With this sudden change in plans, I'm aiming to have all my apps done ASAP so they are ready to go the minute I get my scores. Good luck!! I'm sure it'll all work out for both of us.

Good luck! You have a great attitude about it. At this point its all said and done so study more and kill that stupid, shitty test :poop emoji: :smiley:

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@kayyyy95 said:

This is a great approach and attitude. One other thing to know, you can actually apply before you have an LSAT score. The school will likely review your application and then as soon as the score is available, LSAC sends it over and they can make a decision. That can have a faster turn around time than waiting to turn in an application later.

• SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
    142 karma

Ugh, yeah, I'm in the same boat...it's really stressful. I'm even considering the international dates (September in Mexico or October in EMEA or Asia)...

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Yeah, I found it weird that the deadline was the day of the test. They usually wait a week till after the latest test. I was going to register soon as well and then I saw your post... lol

The best things in life come out of mistakes. So who knows this may end up working out for you :).

• wrasschaertwrasschaert Member
    310 karma

I feel your pain. I was going to register today, just one day off. I called them and they said there are no exceptions to the deadline, as others have said. There is a silver lining: more time to study. In case you're eager to apply as early as possible, there is an international test on October 6th in Europe. That's what I'm going to do, haha.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

If you're not applying early decision, you're fine taking the November test. Plus, it gives you an extra month and a half to study. But yeah... they took away the late registration deadline. :(

95 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@kayyyy95 said:

Good luck! You have a great attitude about it. At this point its all said and done so study more and kill that stupid, shitty test :poop emoji: :smiley:

Thank you!! Good luck to you too!

95 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@kayyyy95 said:

This is a great approach and attitude. One other thing to know, you can actually apply before you have an LSAT score. The school will likely review your application and then as soon as the score is available, LSAC sends it over and they can make a decision. That can have a faster turn around time than waiting to turn in an application later.

Thanks! I'm definitely considering this option as well, especially for schools that I'm fairly confident I'm a good candidate for (I already have one okay LSAT score). I'm just nervous about going in blind for some of the reach schools, especially if I end up needing to write an addendum or something to explain my next LSAT score... Do you have any thoughts/advice on whether it's better to just pull the trigger and submit even if my score doesn't end up where I want it to be, as opposed to waiting those few extra weeks to submit a full application? Do you think a few weeks from November to December makes that much of a difference in terms of chances of admission?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@kayyyy95 said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@kayyyy95 said:

Thanks! I'm definitely considering this option as well, especially for schools that I'm fairly confident I'm a good candidate for (I already have one okay LSAT score). I'm just nervous about going in blind for some of the reach schools, especially if I end up needing to write an addendum or something to explain my next LSAT score... Do you have any thoughts/advice on whether it's better to just pull the trigger and submit even if my score doesn't end up where I want it to be, as opposed to waiting those few extra weeks to submit a full application? Do you think a few weeks from November to December makes that much of a difference in terms of chances of admission?

I would say for any school that you're fairly confident about being accepted to, you should go ahead and send early. If there are schools that you think you may risk being rejected from if your LSAT isn't quite as high as you'd hoped, you may want to hold off. The biggest risk will be a school outright rejecting you. Most don't even waitlist people for a little while, they wait to see what the apps are looking like before they start waitlisting folks. But being rejected is harder to come back from than a waitlist too. So, I'd keep that in mind.

• ksdenosksdenos Alum Member
    edited July 2018 102 karma

Hi everyone, I too missed the deadline. I haven't taken the LSAT yet at all and was hoping to line up September and November before applying. With that out of the question, should I submit apps in November and then wait for the scores to maybe retest in January? If I apply in November and ultimately test again in January, will it be too late in the cycle to be considered? Thanks guys, I am feeling stressed about missing that date.

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2803 karma

Looks like it is your lucky day. Just received an email from LSAC saying registration has been re opened and extended!!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

@"Lucas Carter" I believe it is open for July test takers only. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" That's how it appeared based on LSACs email but based on other forum posts, it's much less clear. It definitely appears to be open to anyone who registered for July. But some who did not register for July have said that they were able to register but of these folks, some have said they haven't received the expected confirmation email while others have. Then there are other who did not register for July and are not able to register for September. Strange stuff.