Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting my full time LSAT journey for the November 17th exam.

lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
in General 938 karma

Tomorrow, I start my 15-16 week LSAT journey. I should be very active on this forum, and I'm looking forward to sharing conversations with you all. Any tips for my journey are welcomed.

Lets get it.

Comments

• Victor WuVictor Wu Alum Member
    661 karma

Hold on tight cause it’s going to get bumpy at times.

• egrivera2egrivera2 Alum Member
    44 karma

Hi! I also recently began my full time journey working towards the November test. Looking forward to definitely sharing conversations with you. Is this your first take? What does your study schedule look like?

As for tips, all I can say right now is to keep doing other things - exercise, go for walks, take breaks when needed, maybe work on applications, etc. We have some time and you don’t want to burnout halfway through. Also, I have slowly stopped going on social media (not sure if you have this issue) and I’ve found it to be very helpful. It was distracting and definitely consumes a lot of time.

Best of luck!

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

Hi, I am also starting my journey to November. I was wondering what does your study schedule look like? How many hours will you spend a week? Let me know :)

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

@egrivera2 @Chloefrazer Hi there, I'm aiming for 6 hours a day (everyday but Saturday) I think its really doable considering the LSAT will be my only responsibility aside from the gym. I'm not too sure specifically what my schedule will be like, but that's the plan so far. What about you two? What are yall's study schedule like?

This will be my second take. I diag'd at 138 last year, studied for about a month and practiced at a 152 high, and got 147 game day (very embarrassing) My goal is 160+ by Nov. exam, I'm hopeful and slightly confident that I can achieve that. Going to start relearning everything from scratch.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 1777 karma

Welcome! First suggestion, don't study 6 days a week. Burnout is real and detrimental to scoring well on test day. The last thing you want do to is zone out during a PT because you're "over it" or start losing your mind because you no longer have a social life. Personally, I am definitely self-motivated and driven. Because of that, I am especially prone to burnout. Based on your desire to study 6 days a week, I'm going to guess that you are like me. If you feel like burnout is coming on, you're already burning out. It's kind of like when you get thirsty, and it means you're already dehydrated. Work smarter, not harder. I would recommend purchasing the best package you can afford. When it comes to scholarship money, it's a great ROI!

Second, don't be embarrassed by your past score. You didn't have 7Sage to help you out! :) Because you haven't already scored like 175, you have so much potential for improvement.

Third, watch some of the webinars. It's amazing how much you can learn from them.

Good luck!
    Sam

PS, I'm taking the month off of work to study for September, so I'm pretty much always around to help out. Just shoot me a message.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Good luck! Be mentally prepared for ups and downs and don't hesitate to ask for help :)

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Once you get to PTing, especially closer to the exam, try to exactly recreate the actual exam day.
    I PT’d a lot just sitting at home randomly in the middle of the day and didn’t feel too stressed. Few days before the real exam, I took a proctored PT and I was freaaaking out from stress beforehand. But then I felt totally calm on exam day.
    So try to take a few PTs at the same time of day as the November exam, fill up a plastic bag just like you would on test day, and drive the same distance you would to your test center except go to a library or something.

938 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" If not 6 days a week, would you recommend 5 days with more hours? For example, 5 days of 8 hours. I'm just trying to treat this like a job. Getting Ult + btw.

Thanks for your comment, i'll definitely be in touch. Please let me know how you end up doing in September compared to when you first started.

@"surfy surf" Thanks for the advice, i'll keep this in mind when I start PTing. :)

• Lawster9Lawster9 Alum Member
    393 karma

I'm also shooting for the November LSAT! Just gave notice at work, and I'm planning on studying full time starting September.

Been dabbling in the LSAT for ages, and I'd like to finally get it done.

My tip would be to keep a consistent study schedule, and treat it like a job. Good luck!

938 karma

@Lawster9 Keep me posted, very interested to see your progress and success.

• apples_eaterapples_eater Core Member
    38 karma

Can’t afford to full time lsat, got rent to pay, but me too taking the 17 mob lsat!:)

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

@lsatgodjk this stuff can be pretty mentally taxing. I would say 6-7 hours a day, tops, for the most part. That’s still full time hours. :) When I started, I was going 8-12 hours a day with breaks. It was the worst. I’ll still do it every once in a while if I feel like I’m on a roll, but I just started being really hard on myself when it became my entire life... and I projected that onto other people. (Aka I was a real bitch.) Do yourself a huge favor and give yourself permission right now to have a flexible schedule. Set goals for the week, knowing that a few hours of work may have to be pushed into the next week. When you’re in law school, you’re not really going to have this freedom. Enjoy it while you can!

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    428 karma

Hi! I'm more or less in the same boat as you. I've been working for a couple of years and have some money saved up to (luckily) afford to study full time (starting next week) for the November exam. Like you, I'm treating the test as a full time job and am going to be maintaining a routine of going to the gym, LSAT prep, and some light volunteer work. Personally, I'm inclined to give myself at least Sundays off. I hesitate to take Saturdays off because I want to get used to being in the zone Saturday mornings... any thoughts?

• adstewaadstewa Member
    24 karma

One bit of advice I'd give is to periodically check the discussion forums. You'll almost definitely find helpful information or even an answer to a question you had pertaining to PT schedules, the CC, or maybe study break ideas.

I'm taking the Nov exam although I started studying in May (but didn't really get serious til around July). We're all in this together. Good luck!!

938 karma

@samantha.ashley92 thanks for the advice, beautifully said. :) looking forward to sharing my progress with you.

@xenonhexafluoro Hi, good luck to you, please keep me updated on your progress. Saturdays are probably my only day off, but I'm going to try to keep my LSAT studying in the morning to get my mind used to thinking LSAT during that time (since the exam is 8am-12pm here in California)

I think its more important to get your mind used to the TIME of day rather than the DAY of the week. :)

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@apples_eater, Similar boat as you.