Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I augment my LG studying since the LSAT is going digital?

Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
in General 517 karma

I haven't seen much info about how takers are expected to do LG on the computer, but I have to surmise it will be much different than what everyone is used to.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I wouldn't worry about it.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Regardless of the format, the content will be the same. So I don’t see why you would need to go anywhere else for study material. No one is advising on the digital aspect yet anyway.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

I wonder if going digital would put some students at a disadvantage because not everyone might have the means/resources to do their prep tests on a tablet and get adequate practice. I personally notate on all three sections, so would need to practice the switch to not get thrown off during the exam.

• arman_65arman_65 Alum Member
    252 karma

I used my surface pen all throughout CC as well as using the surface for fool proofing LG 1-35. Of course i've had to move on to paper due to post CC PTs. However i'll honestly say that using a tablet is actually easier since you can erase instantly without wasting time.

also, to add to the topic of digital LSATs, if the digital format rolls around, i guarantee you will have the option of the traditional paper format. the GRE's has been computerized for over a decade, yet paper tests are conducted several times a year.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I'm pretty sure this isn't happening until 2019, but it will be optional for a short period of time. When are you testing?

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" I'm studying for the June and July 2019 LSATs!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 3279 karma

I took the digital exam. For LG, we got a booklet of scrap paper and a single pen. We were not allowed to bring pencils into the exam.

We didn't have the ability to draw and erase on the tablet.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Regardless of the format, the content will be the same. So I don’t see why you would need to go anywhere else for study material. No one is advising on the digital aspect yet anyway, so I don't think it would help to look into any other resources.

Hopefully as LSAC gets closer to implementing the digital, we'll get more info on what it actually looks like and how to practice for it.

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

@10000019 that's interesting.... I was actually kind of hoping that the tablets would offer SOME advantages with LG, like maybe being able to quickly delete game boards to free up space. You weren't allowed to draw on the tablet at all?

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 3279 karma

@"David Bennett" said:
    @10000019 that's interesting.... I was actually kind of hoping that the tablets would offer SOME advantages with LG, like maybe being able to quickly delete game boards to free up space. You weren't allowed to draw on the tablet at all?

No, it didn't have that feature. In certain sections you could highlight and underline, but no free drawing.

Personally I didn't like it. I was too accustomed to using a pencil and fitting my work under the questions.

Also it counts down time which is nice.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

This is an important topic, but maybe don't worry about it quite yet and focus more on the testing skills.