Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Nervous - 7Sage Forum

Nervous

nikalettenikalette Alum Member
in General 18 karma

I am about halfway done with this course and have only seen a 1 point increase in my score from my baseline. What works best for you guys with the LSAT just around the corner? Practice tests or following the course material to improve on your PTs? I have been doing well on every quiz thus far, yet, when it comes down to the actual tests I'm not doing very great.
Advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

You shouldn't be taking PTs as you work through the CC. Also, most people only get a couple points increase immediately after the CC because it takes time to practice and implement what you've learned. If you haven't made improvements yet and you're only halfway done with the course, I definitely would not take the test in September (just assuming that was your plan since you said it was right around the corner). You don't want to sell yourself short and waste the time and money of taking before your ready, not to mention putting a less than ideal score on your record.

• 62 karma

Speaking from experience, there's literally no point in doing PT's if you're only halfway through the CC, you don't have a strong understanding of the key concepts that are tested on the LSAT.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    850 karma

I couldn't agree more with the comments above. It's so essential to master fundamentals in the CC because once you're done with it, you can drill your weak areas and take PT's. If you would like to see major improvements, please be patient and take your time with the CC. I wouldn't take the actual LSAT until the PT scores reflect my goal score. Good luck, you got this!!

• Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
    183 karma

Ditto to everyone above. I'll add that the vast majority of my progress has come within the past month (been on 7Sage since around May). Be patient. With good work ethic, you will probably see the fruits of your labor soon enough.