Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nervous about the October LSAT on Saturday?

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited October 2013 in General 14002 karma
Of course you are. You're about to take an important test. It's not the most important test though. That one you will be taking in December.

Just kidding. Most likely, this is the last LSAT you'll ever take. I'm only trying to remind you that for something as important as this, there are second chances. That's definitely not true for a lot of other important things in life, so that's something to feel good about.

For most of you, you already know what score you'll get. Take your past three recent (i.e., 59-69) properly administered LSAT Prep Tests and average your score. You'll get plus or minus 3 points of that average.

You are as prepared as you can be and there is nothing standing between you and that score. You've already seen everything they'll throw at you and you've amply demonstrated your ability to respond. Saturday will not be new day and the October 2013 LSAT will not be a new LSAT. It will only be "LSAT Prep Test 70" which will be just like PT 69 and PT 68 and PT 67 and so on.

For Saturday, there's only one thing I want you to remember: keep moving.

You will encounter curve breaker questions. Every LSAT has them. Every student who has ever taken the LSAT before you has encountered them. You will too. I'm telling you this now, so you'll be prepared. Skip those difficult questions. Don't let a couple questions break your rhythm.

Just keep moving.

You got this.

Comments

• LSATstudentLSATstudent Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Ah, this is such great advice. Thank you for all your help. 7 sage has really been amazing, and by taking the course, I feel as prepared as I think I ever could be. Thank you again.
  • Brightfires0121Brightfires0121 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Thanks Ping! You're a great teacher and encouragement!
  • Luis89011Luis89011 Alum Member
    48 karma
    I have learned how to think from this course, and its only going to get better from here. Thanks J.Y
  • KatherineKatherine Alum Member
    136 karma
    Hi 7Sage,

I've really enjoyed your LG video explanations. They're great. I would like to know in what circumstances you would recommend that someone put off taking the October LSAT for December. Unfortunately, I have taken the LSAT more than once before. My current scores are fluctuating at the low-end of my 163 goal.

I want to qualify for a public interest scholarship, because I've been working in non-profit immigration law for more than 4 years, and I'm certain it's where I want to stay.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks so much,

K
  • Frank DeboreFrank Debore Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    I've always wanted to get above 170 because I don't have a stellar GPA. I've taken 40 prep tests over the past three months and averaged roughly 171. With tremendous help from 7sage, I've seen significant improvement in my LR and LG. My goal on the test day is to minimize mistakes in those sections, and try my best on RC. I've always seen the LSAT as a test of mentality. I'm not a confident person innately, but JY you've helped me gain enough confidence for stepping into the test room with a smile. Thank you again.

• KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    I'm in the same boat as you Shansang.

Tomorrow is my day to go HAM lol.
  • EuripidesFanEuripidesFan Free Trial Member
    edited October 2013 83 karma
    Here Here for 7sage!
  • Nevill WilderNevill Wilder Free Trial Member
    19 karma
    Just remember to breathe.
  • Amir ShakoorianAmir Shakoorian Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    Good Luck!!
  • aimeseaimese Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    It's OVER! Thank you so much, J.Y.! I wouldn't have done it without you and those wonderful tutorials. Three cheers for 7sage!
  • Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
    136 karma
    Up!
    J.Y. is the man!!