Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-removed

Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
edited January 2020 in General 214 karma

-removed-

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2018 3256 karma

I only have the starter course, but from my own experience and what I've gathered from others, no, you won't do every single question set. I always did a practice set after I completed that section of the CC, and now I go back and do problem sets if I need to drill a certain weakness. I will say though, most people on here won't think that studying a few hours a day for a year is too unrealistic.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I did every other practice set while going through the CC and left the balance for review / drilling. Once I started doing PT’s and identified weak areas, I would go back, review the CC material, and then drill using the unused practice sets. It was effective for me. YMMV. Good luck.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 1777 karma

Some of the question types have like 19 problem sets. For those, I skipped a few question sets-- but only when I felt really comfortable with the problems. If I could get multiple problem sets in a row 100% correct, all questions under 1:24 each, I skipped some sets of the same difficulty level. But really, when you get the questions down to a level of near-mastery, a set of 5 questions will not take you 30 min (as the CC suggests). I realistically planned 15 min for a set, which includes time to watch one explanation video for a question I got wrong. So even though your plan says it'll take a year, it won't. Plus, you definitely should not do every practice test, like the study schedule factors in. (This is the general consensus, not just my opinion.)

Anyway, even if you don't skip any problem sets, it won't take you a year to get through the CC. It took me about two months of pretty intense studying to get through LR and LG. RC is different for everyone based on preexisting skillsets. At this point, I'm going back to drill my weak spots and taking some practice tests. That being said, going through the CC is not your one opportunity to learn the material. I have also found that my initial study plan (and second and third) did not wind up being my actual study plan. You can get a good system going now, but build in some extra time to be flexible when something takes longer than expected. Good luck!

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

Hi! I completed all the practice sets/drills and completed the core curriculum in 4 months. I only watched videos for practice problems that I got wrong and/or found confusing. I am working a full-time job and studied ~2-3 hrs/day during the week and more on the weekends. I wanted to finish it sooner but I found that doing it slower and completing everything was beneficial to really get a handle on the foundational concepts. Good luck!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I also only did them as necessary. If there was something I was unsure of I would do them until I felt comfortable. But if I knew what I was doing I would move on.