Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Superstitions

Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
in General 2803 karma

I realized that I tend to focus more and have greater confidence when I have a really sharp pencil. I also always start PTs or timed sections on even numbered minutes. What are some of the little idiosyncrasies or superstitions that you guys have when doing PTs?

Comments

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

I have to have 3-4 sharpen pencils!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I agree with the pencils, although I'm not sure if for me I'd count it as a superstition, more like a preference. I also have to have on super comfy clothes. My favorite pair of pants have gotten me through a couple personal record PTs, so I might have to wear them on test day haha

• The sharp pencil is a must for me! I also have to be wearing my yoga pants and I have to have chapstick on before I take a practice test. I mouth the words a lot so my lips get pretty dry. Also I have to take one sip of water before beginning. I know weird :).

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Having a sharp pencil and being properly dressed

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I think this one is physiological and not a superstition, but if I meditate right before a section then I feel much more confident and collected. Also, probably physiological, if I don't eat before a PT I can't concentrate.

In the realm of superstition, I do agree with the pencil thing.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I had a specific raggedy sweats-t shirt-slides ensemble for lsat day lol. I usually PTd at home looking like crap so I wanted to recreate that so I would feel comfortable on test day.