Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP: I suck at RC

I dont know how but
1. I can manage only 3 passages in 35 minutes and \
2. In even those 3, my understanding sucks and most are wrong

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

At this point, you shouldn't be focusing on timed sections. Do a section giving yourself as much time as it takes and see how many answers you miss. You need to develop a deeper understanding of RC and practice the fundamentals before trying to get faster.

• DaniellaDaniella Alum Member
    95 karma

I was in the same situation as you when I started! What helped me the most was putting my pencil down and focusing on the passage as a whole rather than trying to remember every small detail. When I finish reading a paragraph, I stop for a second and try to remember the main point of that paragraph, and I do this for each paragraph. I know this method has been mentioned on here before, but it has really changed my reading comp score. I’m finishing all of the questions and passages, something I was never able to do before. Hope this helps!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Yes to putting the pencil down!

• 16 karma

Ill echo what @MissChanadler wrote! This post was essential to my success in RC.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/10749/my-rc-strategy-that-got-me-to-0

• batwomansavesbatwomansaves Alum Member
    52 karma

thanks guys! i will try that