Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggested Study Schedule

Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
in General 275 karma

I finished the CC in May, have been doing LG and LR drills, as well as taking a mixture of timed and untimed PTs for the past four months. I am writing the November LSAT, how should I structure my study schedule from now until November to maintain my LG score, and to increase my LR and RC scores. Although RC is my worst section, I have been dedicating a lot of time to LR because I think that's where I can gain the most amount of points given the time left. But since I now have more time to study, how should I tackle RC? Drill one section per day? I also struggle to finishing on time. Any suggestions from you will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

If you don't mind sharing, how are you scoring in each section? Or what are the discrepancies like? If you're going -10 in RC and -5 in the other sections, it's clear where your focus needs to be. If you're -10 in RC and -8 in the other sections, studying LR could potentially be more valuable right now. It's hard to give a good suggestion without more details. Feel free to send me a message if you don't want to disclose numbers publicly. As for timing on RC, try to view the task as reading for a basic understanding, not a detailed understanding. Don't be afraid that you're going to skim over something too quickly and "mess up". Anything super important will be elaborated on, and the text doesn't disappear once you've read it. :)

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Are you pting? If so, you should get some work on all sections during BR. You should of course work on RC but, as Samantha mentioned, we need some more info on your RC score to get a better picture. Are you going -3 and you want to be at -1? That study schedule looks a lot different than if you are -12 trying to get to -7. Same with LR; there are two LR sections which means any work you do on improving LR is doubled in a sense, but if RC is -12 and LR is -2 then it's obviously time to move to RC. I think context is key here.

• Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
    275 karma

@ChaimtheGreat @"samantha.ashley92" Thank you for your input! I do drills during the week and then pting on the weekend. My RC averages around -9 and my LR averages around -6 per section. My goal is to shave off two points per section. I understand that the gains in LR is in a sense doubled, but I don't want to neglect RC completely. I still want to make some improvements in RC from now until November. I have made progress in RC before when I was doing one RC section per day (avg -6). But I wasn't able to maintain it once I turned my attention to LR. I guess my question is how can I balance my study schedule to maximize my score? Since I will have more time to study, should I drill RC and LR everyday, then PTing on the weekend? Or should I skip the drill part and just do PTs since I also struggle with time. Thank you for your time in advance!