Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My LSAT score is not changing :(

Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 432 karma

-deleted-

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Post your sectional scores and what you've been doing so far.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Yeah we’re going to need a bit more info. Are you trying to go from 145 to 155? Or 160 to 170? Not all ten point jumps are equally difficult. And when you say that your score hasn’t been going up, do you mean in the last week? Month? Two months?

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Also, is the issue timing or accuracy? What is your BR score- is it near your target goal?

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

10 points is easily 15 questions. If you're currently in the 140s or low 150s, this seems much more doable in two months than if you're already at 155+. It's going to be a rough ride, but make sure you take at least one full day off a week. Nothing is worth burning out. Anyway, BRing is not the only thing to do in between PTs. You should take the information about your score that you gained while BRing, and make a plan from there. For example, did you get every strengthening question wrong? Did you skip a certain problem type multiple times, but find that it was easy when you did your BR? This information is important, and it can help you determine how you should study in between PTs. Since it's so close to November, you're probably going to find it difficult to find a tutor. However, I have a group message going with 10 people who like to study/Skype together. I'd be happy to add you if you want to get in on that.

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 432 karma

I really want to get from a 160 to a 169/170. I'm having trouble with both timing and accuracy. My RC section score (timed, when taking a full-length prep test) at it's highest has been at 20/27, LR at 22/25 and LG at 19/23. I've been stuck in this score for over a month :(

432 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    10 points is easily 15 questions. If you're currently in the 140s or low 150s, this seems much more doable in two months than if you're already at 155+. It's going to be a rough ride, but make sure you take at least one full day off a week. Nothing is worth burning out. Anyway, BRing is not the only thing to do in between PTs. You should take the information about your score that you gained while BRing, and make a plan from there. For example, did you get every strengthening question wrong? Did you skip a certain problem type multiple times, but find that it was easy when you did your BR? This information is important, and it can help you determine how you should study in between PTs. Since it's so close to November, you're probably going to find it difficult to find a tutor. However, I have a group message going with 10 people who like to study/Skype together. I'd be happy to add you if you want to get in on that.

I would love to be added, that would be really helpful :) Thank you!

edited September 2018 432 karma

I recently finished the CC so I haven't gotten to take many practice tests yet since then. I assumed finally finishing the CC would mean that my test scores after that would be significantly higher than over a month ago, but it's been staying the same. I studied with a previous company before 7sage though so my score has overall increased about 16 points from when I started, but that's just because I learned the basics, now it's about really excelling to get me into the high 160s/low 170s.

3256 karma

It's very, very unlikely that you'll be able to push into the high 160s/low 170s by the November test. I think it's okay to be registered for it, but you should go into it accepting that if you're not hitting your target scores a couple weeks before the exam, then it would be best to postpone. The bulk of your progress now is going to come from blind reviewing, foolproofing the games, and really nailing down timing strategies.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Just want to add that a month long plateau shouldn't be considered long at all. It takes MANY MONTHS for most people to break plateaus. Of course, the higher your score range is, the longer(generally speaking). Be patient and keep at it!

3256 karma

@Regis_Phalange90 nice username

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

@MissChanandler said:

@MissChanandler So is yours. It's the best show in the entire universe. #couldiBEanymorehonest

• ---JEh------JEh--- Alum Member
    60 karma

Unfortunately I have to agree with Regis, I've been stuck in the 158-162 range for MONTHS. Very annoying and at times disheartening. I may have the record for consecutive 13/23 scores on the logic games. Knowing WHERE (e.g. question types) your specific weaknesses are is absolutely key to improving. Without that specific information it's very unlikely one can improve.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

very much agree with everything stated above. I was stuck at 159-161 for about two months. lol During that time I expected to progress from 159 to at least 167.
    Now I'm at my new plateau (165) and hoping to break that before November. Most people don't jump 10 points when they break a plateau. That's something I learned the hard way. You might gain a few points and have to work for another month or two to break through the next wall. Once you're in the mid 160's, the majority of the questions you're missing will likely be 5 star questions. It means it's going to take waaaay more effort to improve than it did before.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Just chiming in; stay in the game. Use the comments feature on the questions. Maybe someone else had the same question or start a #help thread.

• @Regis_Phalange90 said:

@MissChanandler said:

@MissChanandler So is yours. It's the best show in the entire universe. #couldiBEanymorehonest

This seriously makes me want to change my screen name to something Friends related.

PIVOT

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:

@Regis_Phalange90 said:

@MissChanandler said:

This seriously makes me want to change my screen name to something Friends related.

PIVOT

I shout pivaht! at least 2-3 times any time I move lol

But back to @Saraa_79: I agree with the others, it's going to be really tight to make it to upper 160s by then. I think mid 160s is doable. I went from 155 to 168 over about 9 months. It's just inch by inch by inch. And for the record, most people don't improve much, if at all, immediately after finishing the cc. So don't get down on yourself by that! It takes a while to not just know the material, but learning how to implement it.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out this webinar: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

That'll give you some ideas on how to gauge your progress and different types of drills to work on.

First, you should work on foolproofing games. Repetition repetition repetition. That's the only way to get good and fast at those.

You should also start working on some drills by question type for LR. Start with doing them untimed, and just working on really knowing how to break them down and work through the reasoning. You can use the problem sets from the cc to do that if you haven't done them all already. Then start doing timed sections. One per day if you're working full time, maybe 2 if you're not. Do a thorough BR on them, again to make sure you know how to work through these. Watch the explanation videos for any questions you either get wrong in BR or you're not solid on how to get the answer (even if you got it right).

RC is also just a matter of practicing and learning how to work through the problems. Also play around with different methods of doing them. Try doing more notations, or less of them. Practice the memory method from the cc. Make sure to pay close attention to the structure of the reading, so you know where to reference if you need to go back to it.

At this point, I don't think you necessarily need to be doing full PTs. But if you want to, do only 1 per week, with a very thorough BR afterward.