Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LORs

So I had gotten my LORs in the spring of 2017 because I had planned on applying after the LSAT in December of 2017. I wasn’t happy with my score, so I’m applying for the upcoming cycle. Is it okay to still use the letters I had gotten from professors that I had developed great relationships with and were more than happy to write my letters. Or would it be best to find new recommenders? Thanks!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, totally fine to use those. It's best though to contact the recommenders and let them know/ask if it's ok, give them the option to re-write or update their letters if they'd like.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

@"Leah M B" do you know if the date is on the letters? One of my professors wrote the letter last year. I don't know if I should ask him to re-write it or just give him the option. If the old date is there, I want him to re-write, at least to fix the date.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

It depends on the recommender. One of my recommenders mentioned that his letters have dates in them. Another said he sometimes doesn't include dates.

@LivingThatLSATdream

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

@LivingThatLSATdream I doubt if you should worry much about the date since the LORs are valid for 3-5 years, not sure of the exact length.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

@Kermit750 it's probably me being neurotic, but i don't want adcoms to look at it and think - did she expect to apply last year and then didn't? And think I'm not responsible or didn't get my applications done in time. I'll probably just talk to my professor. He had another year to think about how great I am. lol

• FutureSportsLawyerFutureSportsLawyer Alum Member
    109 karma

I’m not sure if the letters have the date on them. I was going to email the professors today and ask, but I wanted to get a few opinions first. Hopefully they’re still fine with me using them! *fingers crossed *