Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone help

Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
edited November 2018 in General 2249 karma

So I’ve tried blueprint’s in class course, and found that while it was great for helping me get into the 160’s, I couldn’t get any further. I also tried an online course with LSATMax, and didn’t improve much. I have been reading the powescore bibles and feel that I am grasping the concepts, but am not performing as well as I would like to. Both courses didn’t help me much in reading comp and just reading explanations from Manhattan prep and powerscore don’t seem to be doing it

I’m taking the test in January and do not want to take again. I just graduated from college and have spent a lot of my own money, and it honestly hasn’t helped. What should I do? I’ve watched your logic game videos and love them, so that’s why I’m asking you for advice

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

What is your goal score? Have you ever Blind Reviewed a PrepTest? If your Blind Review score is in 170s, you might not need to enroll in a 7Sage course.

I also recommend reading this lesson: The Three Worst LSAT Mistakes

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 2249 karma

I want a 170 and the thing with blind reviewing. I am writing out why I got the questions I’ve got wrong wrong, but I’m not sure if that’s even helping because I see minimal improvement, especially with reading comprehension.

• lsat4lifelsat4life Alum Member
    255 karma

What was your diagnostic score? And the # of errors in each section, if you remember?

What is your typical # of errors in each section now?

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

My diagnostic score was 151; I don’t remember the exact number of errors, but at the time, I pretty much got the entire logic games section wrong. I’m now averaging around 5 wrong on each of the logical reasoning sections and about the same on the reading comprehension section. For some reason, my logic games section can either go really good or really bad

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    edited November 2018 428 karma

The bulk of my RC improvement for me was after timed PTs, drilling timed sections, and paying attention to the kinds of questions I was getting wrong and why. Also, I reviewed the passages after the fact to note the argument structure so I'd become more familiar with them. This all in turn dramatically decreased my time (from 15 min/passage to 6-8 min/passage) while improving accuracy. For me there was also benefit from redoing an RC section the day after I had first attempted it, just to reinforce I was picking up on the structure and viewpoints and that I could answer the questions correctly under timed conditions. If I could understand the passage, but had a hard time with the questions then that was indicative of something else I needed to work on - my approach to role questions, for example.

Also, I think Blueprint's RC method is overkill. You don't have time to do all the annotations they want you to do. If you're still applying their method, I'd recommend focusing on structure (viewpoints, evidence for a viewpoint, clarification of a viewpoint, explanation of a viewpoint, qualification of a viewpoint, etc).

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"ashley.tien" said:
    My diagnostic score was 151; I don’t remember the exact number of errors, but at the time, I pretty much got the entire logic games section wrong. I’m now averaging around 5 wrong on each of the logical reasoning sections and about the same on the reading comprehension section. For some reason, my logic games section can either go really good or really bad

I think you should foolproof LG so that you can contantly go -0 on LG.

Getting -15 (LR: -5, -5, RC: -5) in total will place you in the 166-169 range. If you're aiming 170+, you first should aim for -3 for each LR section. If I were you, I would hold off on working on RC and work on perfecting LG and LR.

LG: -0 LR: -3, -3, RC: -5
    Total: -11
    169-171 range