Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SO. MUCH. FREE. TIME.

1Science1Art1Science1Art Alum Member
in General 269 karma

Is it weird that I miss the studying? It has been9 days since the Nov 2018 test, and now that Thanksgiving is over I have nothing to occupy my time. It's like a weird form of Stockholm Syndrome where I miss what had kept me captive for so long. Lol I guess I've got to find a new focus. Application here I come

Comments

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Absolutely loving the free time, especially after working full-time. Reading, exercising, netflixing and of cours applications.

Life will be great until August 2019 lol...

• rkathleenrkathleen Member
    72 karma

I felt the same so I joined the gym. That night, the gym burned down. So then I bought some new books to occupy my time, but when I got home I realized I left them on the bus. Anyways- I'll take it as fate telling me to get studying for my retake lol.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Be sure not to delay any parts of your application. I took the test in December and it took me a couple weeks after scores were released to get my application out. I had plenty of free time to work on the applications, but I assumed they would take less time than they did.

• 1Science1Art1Science1Art Alum Member
    269 karma

@rkathleen said:
    I felt the same so I joined the gym. That night, the gym burned down. So then I bought some new books to occupy my time, but when I got home I realized I left them on the bus. Anyways- I'll take it as fate telling me to get studying for my retake lol.

Oh my god you poor thing. That would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. Hope all your bad luck was just used up and you have nothing but good juju from now on.

269 karma

@10000019 said:
    Be sure not to delay any parts of your application. I took the test in December and it took me a couple weeks after scores were released to get my application out. I had plenty of free time to work on the applications, but I assumed they would take less time than they did.

Oh okay, thanks for the advise. I'm the kind of person who focuses on one task at a time, so I was all consumed with LSAT studies and hadn't thought at all about the next step until now. I don't even know how to navigate the CAS system...so I can see that it will take me some time to have everything done, especially with 3 kids and a full time job.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@1Science1Art said:

@10000019 said:

Oh okay, thanks for the advise. I'm the kind of person who focuses on one task at a time, so I was all consumed with LSAT studies and hadn't thought at all about the next step until now. I don't even know how to navigate the CAS system...so I can see that it will take me some time to have everything done, especially with 3 kids and a full time job.

If you haven't yet, sort out your LORs! I reached out pretty late to my last LORer so that delayed my application by a solid week.

• Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
    454 karma

@10000019 said:

@1Science1Art said:

@10000019 said:

If you haven't yet, sort out your LORs! I reached out pretty late to my last LORer so that delayed my application by a solid week.

This. You prob should have asked by now, if you havent, get on it asap. Courtesy is 6 weeks but any less than 4 could be considered rude, at least if they are academic.

• tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
    125 karma

I have been dreaming that people are waving their piece of paper with their LSAT score in front of my face as they are walking past me. A sly smile on their faces. Let's just say sleeping isn't helping either. :(

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

Too busy counting my chickens before they hatch... In preparation for starting school in January, I've started front-loading all the things I call "ankle biters" that pop up when they are the most inconvenient and screw you over when you are actually busy:

1. Reset all my passwords to all my accounts
    2. Reviewed my investment plan, made adjustments
    3. Got my car serviced
    4. Renewed my passport that will expire in a couple months
    5. Re-evaluated my cable bill, decided to become "a Slinger" saving $95/mo.
    6. Bought a new luxury mattress to improve my beauty rest
    7. Converted a guest room into an office and bought a desk and office chair
    8. Put all my bills on autopay
    9. Went and got an annual physical/flu shot and dental check-up/cleaning
    10. Took the dawg to the vet and got his shots and meds

And, probably, the best time-saving maneuver ever:

Blocked and deleted the numbers/emails of ex-girlfriends who have become psychic vampires

alt text

269 karma

@Supernovice said:
    Too busy counting my chickens before they hatch... In preparation for starting school in January, I've started front-loading all the things I call "ankle biters" that pop up when they are the most inconvenient and screw you over when you are actually busy:

1. Reset all my passwords to all my accounts
    2. Reviewed my investment plan, made adjustments
    3. Got my car serviced
    4. Renewed my passport that will expire in a couple months
    5. Re-evaluated my cable bill, decided to become "a Slinger" saving $95/mo.
    6. Bought a new luxury mattress to improve my beauty rest
    7. Converted a guest room into an office and bought a desk and office chair
    8. Put all my bills on autopay
    9. Went and got an annual physical/flu shot and dental check-up/cleaning
    10. Took the dawg to the vet and got his shots and meds

Blocked and deleted the numbers/emails of ex-girlfriends who have become psychic vampires

alt text

OOH you are not messing around. Good for you with the exes lol. I also need to go to the dentist ( thanks for the reminder) Good advise all around Thanks @Supernovice

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

@Supernovice said:

alt text

I lost it when I read this text lol. Well done.