Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to practice ten clean copy of the game i'm not good at?

916329363916329363 Member

JY said if you don't how to do the exact game, print ten clean copy and finish it with control and speed.

The problem is, after i watched the video, i only need practice 2-5 copy right after the video to reach the time limit. And when should i finish the rest of the copys?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Are you spreading out those 2-5 or doing them back to back? There's a big difference between being able to do it right after watching the video and say a week later. I would do it once the day of, once the next day, and once several days or a week later. If it doesn't take you ten copies to get a game then that's okay

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited December 2018 8392 karma

Generally around here, most of us have done a game up to 10 times... but if you can once or twice in a row get it done under the time that JY recommends, you can move on. I usually only needed about 3 times max in order to meet the time.

Here is an alternative way to do foolproofing that's known as the "Pacifico method" in the 7sage forum. It's generally what I did, and I think a lot more efficient. You might want to consider doing it this way too.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

To make it even more efficient when it comes to paper, some people have only printed 1 copy of each game, put them in clear sheet protectors, and then use a fine point dry erase marker on the protector. Just erase and do it again for each try. So smart!

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    edited December 2018 261 karma

I do it like this:

Easy Games: 3x in a row right after the video
    Medium Games: 5x in a row right after the video
    Hard Games: 10x in a row right after the video

After I foolproof the game and can do it from memory, I print out a fresh copy of the game and keep it in a Foolproofing Binder. Then, every weekend, I take out a couple from that Binder and do them.

If you feel comfortable with a game then you can move on. Just make sure you have a system in place so that you can re-visit games to make sure you still understand it. Another thing I've found helpful is not watching J.Y.'s videos all the way through. Once I see enough of the video to know what's going on, or how he made a certain inference, I'll pause it and complete the questions on my own. I do that a few times, then I return to the video to see if he did it any differently.

• 916329363916329363 Member
    15 karma

Thank you!