Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Risk of Retaking worth applying late in cycle?

Hello Everyone I am a URM (AA). GPA:3.3, 156 Nov Score I've used the 7sage predictors and according to that if I was to increase to a 160 Jan score(realistic case scenario) in February, my chances would not increase only by about 2% to many of the schools I'm applying . Is this worth retaking? I would love above 160s and have done it in the past on pTs but don't want to shoot myself in the foot

Be Honest as you please
  1. Worth Retake or Apply?11 votes
    1. Retake
      72.73%
    2. Apply
      27.27%

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

What schools specifically? What do you want to do after law school? If you want a competitive job you should consider delaying a cycle and getting that LSAT up. Don't think your 3.3 is going to keep you out of top schools.

• TrustingGodTrustingGod Free Trial Member
    240 karma

I would apply now, unless you only want to get into top schools. And retake in March if you are waitlisted at some schools you really want to get into

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Frankly schools that have a median of a 160 are ok to apply later (meaning a little less competitive). I would retake

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

Thank you all for your advice. Every word is appreciated. I won't be delaying a cycle however, my school list is wide with 13 schools including Emory, GA State, UGA, NYU, Columbia, HLS, Stanford, GULC, Penn, Mich, UVA, Berk, and Howard. I am undecided specifically on what I want to do however it is leaning towards business (in house).
    I was thinking of doing a hybrid of your comments by asking lower ranking schools to review my app with this score and retake Jan for higher rank schools. Any thoughts about this?

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@Brazil020511 said:
    Thank you all for your advice. Every word is appreciated. I won't be delaying a cycle however, my school list is wide with 13 schools including Emory, GA State, UGA, NYU, Columbia, HLS, Stanford, GULC, Penn, Mich, UVA, Berk, and Howard. I am undecided specifically on what I want to do however it is leaning towards business (in house).
    I was thinking of doing a hybrid of your comments by asking lower ranking schools to review my app with this score and retake Jan for higher rank schools. Any thoughts about this?

No harm in applying now, but unless you're a really interesting person, even a 160 isn't going to get you into a top school. If you're serious about wanting to attend a top school, you should wait until you pull your LSAT score up.