Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake?

LSAT7869LSAT7869 Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma

I got a 164 on the Nov test and was a bit disappointed. I was PT'ing at about a 167 for the 2 months before the test. The majority of those tests, however, were older ones (in the 40's and 50's). Right before the actual test, I took tests 82, 83, and 84 and got a 164, 167, and 166 on those respectively. My goal was to attend Notre Dame, Emory, WashU, or Vanderbilt in the fall with a decent amount of money off, which is now looking slim. I was wondering if I am better off applying now with my 164, than I would be with let's say a 165 in Jan. Another fear I have is that schools I can get into now (for example a Minnesota or Wake Forest) will delay my app if I retake and that I could lose out on $ that I would otherwise have applying now without retaking. Any thoughts?

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

What is your goal? Would you be happy with Minnesota and Wake Forest, or is your goal to go to WashU or one of the other schools?

• LSAT7869LSAT7869 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

I'd be happy with those, yes. I would, as of now, be happier with one of the others, but it seems to me like I would be putting my chances both with admission and $ with some schools at serious risk by retaking.

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

@LSAT7869 How big of a deal would it be if you, hypothetically, put off law school for another year? IF that wouldn't be a problem and you feel confidently that you can score significantly higher, I would say retake. The score you have isn't going anywhere, so at worst you can reapply next year with the same stats and likely be back where you were.

Granted, I'm a risk-taker. I just accept that things might not work out, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't give it a try.