Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on how to stay calm during PT?

AndybrewAndybrew Member
in General 41 karma

I suffer from anxiety and I find that when I am doing the PT I get very stressed and cannot write neatly / stay focused.

Do you have ay tips on how to stay calm during PTs?
My score changed 15 points from when I am timed and when I am not!!

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

I'm sorry if this doesn't exactly help you, but I'm in the same boat, specifically with the games. Give me an hour, and I can get every question right - turn on the clock, and I can get every question wrong. It's like a panic that washes over me, not like, "I'm going to blow it," but "here I am, actively blowing it." It's a nightmare. We can't exactly take a 5-hour test on Xanax! Yoga & meditation have been helping me a little, but I'm on the edge of my seat if anyone on here has other solid advice.

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    261 karma

The important thing to keep in mind is that you may be putting too much pressure on yourself. The test is important, yes, but it's not the end-all-be-all. You don't have to score a 170+ on your first try. A lot of people take literal years to re-take. Heck, I've even seen some people wait a year after getting a 171 to retake for 175+. Understanding that re-takes neither look bad on your application nor are indicative of your general intelligence goes a long way