Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tale of two halves

mannkyleshdmannkyleshd Alum Member

Hi everyone

I hope someone out there could shed some light on a problem I have been having. I took the November LSAT and plan to write in January too. During studying and actual tests for the LR sections my first 13 questions I do really good on like 11/13 where my last 12 I do horrible like 4/12. I have heard the hardest questions are in the middle of the section I do not know if this is false but I do not think it is simply because of the fact the easiest are first and the hardest last. If anyone could help me out or have experienced it themselves I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks

Kyle

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

Hi Kyle, you can use the LSAT Analytics tab under Resources to keep track of the LR questions and see the star rated difficulty as well as the type of questions that you are missing to better investigate why the scores are so different. As you alluded to in your post, the 4 and 5 star difficulty questions as rated by 7Sage analytics are generally in questions 15-23. The tougher assumption family questions are usually back-loaded so maybe that's why you're seeing such a big split, but in my opinion I don't think it's that unusual to see that the vast majority of misses are in the second half.

If you are already using the analytics tool, do you have a good idea of the types of questions you missing such as strengthen, weaken, etc.?

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    850 karma

Hi Kyle,

I agree with @eRetaker track which questions you've been missing and drill those. It might be just a foundational gap so you might need to go back and review your fundamentals. Try incorporating a skipping strategy such that you have ample time for the questions that give you a hard time.