Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR before LG?

CelinenyCelineny Member
in General 19 karma

Most online resources I’ve read recommend that LG is studied first because it is most learnable and gets your brain wired up for the LSAT best. Is there a disadvantage to starting with LG on 7Sage and is LR first because it’s the largest section(s)?

Comments

• aleland13aleland13 Alum Member
    158 karma

I think because LR is 50% of the test, it makes more sense to study that first since there’s just more to learn/more points to get and it takes time to master it. I can’t think of any specific disadvantage to studying LG first apart from the fact you’d only be working on 25% of the test vs 50% of the test 🤷🏽‍♀️

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

I think you could do them both together, which worked best for me. LG is much easier to learn, but LR takes time and you want to make sure you're giving yourself that. I would suggest that you watch intro to logic, advanced logic in LR sections. Then, work on LG and watch all the videos. Then, start foolproofing games in preptests 1-35. At the same time, do some LR sections.

I am currently foolproofing LG and I just finished with the LR course videos, so I am taking timed LR section tests to just understand my weaknesses.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

I feel like the ultimate+ package has been really helpful for me, but you should probably get the starter at least if you're new to 7sage. Feel free to inbox me if you have any questions

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    edited February 2019 807 karma

Hey! It very much depends on each person, but I would suggest starting with Logical Reasoning. LR is a crucial aspect of this exam, it would be beneficial to begin learning how to analyze and interpret arguments as early as you can

Trust the core curriculum :relaxed: the syllabus is excellent, organized to guide 7sagers each step of the way without overwhelming us as we prepare for the lsat!

Another 7sage student asked a similar question on a 7sage AMA podcast featuring @"Accounts Playable". I believe @"Accounts Playable" answered best:

"Logic games is the most learnable part of the test, and it just comes with practice. So that answer’s yes, at least in my experience. To answer your other question, I think it’s better to hit the stuff that you’re weaker on first, and then sort of manage the stuff you’re still good at. Right now, say for example you’re really good at games, and you’re consistently, say, right now minus 2, minus 3, minus 4 on games. Still room for improvement, but you’re pretty good. But then you’re going minus 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 on reading comprehension. I say nip the reading comprehension stuff in the bud ASAP, because it’s going to take you the longest to improve on that. And at the same time, again, they’re not mutually exclusive. You can be working on games sort of at the same time as you’re working on reading comprehension. You can do an hour and a half of reading comprehension, and then 30 minutes a game, 30 minutes a game is probably two or three games plus their blind review right? So I would say focus on the stuff you’re weaker at, because that’s going to take more time to improve on and manage the stuff you’re good at so where it doesn't get rusty, if that makes sense. And then once you’re at a spot to where you’re pretty comfortable with all of the subjects, that’s sort of what the prep tests I think are for. Then you can sort of put everything together and as you’re in the prep test phase, you can then focus on, OK, I really need to then hone in on games, because I’m at a point of reading comp is at least manageable, I’m at a point to where my logical reasoning is manageable."*

*source : https://7sage.com/2-ama-w-7sager-accountsplayable-150s-to-174/