Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Order of Syllabus

flower93flower93 Alum Member
in General 45 karma

Hello! I am currently working my way through the LG section of the syllabus. I have taken a bit longer to complete this section than my study schedule has suggested, as this is currently my weakest area. I am currently working full time. So typically I spend anywhere from 1-3 hours studying on the weekdays before work, and up to 8 hours on Saturday/Sunday. What I am wondering is if it is a good idea to go back and forth between the LG and RC sections.

I am running in to difficulty studying the LG sections during weekdays, I find I sometimes have to stop midway through a game in order to leave for work. I usually end up restarting the game the next day, which is pretty time consuming. I was thinking of completing the RC sections on weekdays, and going to LG on the weekends?

What do you think? Thanks in advance for the #help :)

Comments

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    231 karma

Hi! Usually, most people would recommend that you focus on your most-needs-improvement every day, and alternate in with the other two sections. You don't want to ignore whole section types. So for example, maybe on Monday you do LG and RC. Then on Tuesday, you do LG and LR. Then Wednesday is LG and RC again (or just LG). You get the idea.

• flower93flower93 Alum Member
    45 karma

@kpj744___ Thanks for the advice! That is really helpful :)

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hi! Okay, so I basically think that I can relate to you very well because I tried doing this last year and studied for a few months, but could have done so much better if I was aware of all the effort it truly was going to take. I wasn't really using my time properly and I would improve in one area, but fall back in another. I thought that the LSAT was going to just click and not be that difficult because I started scoring in the 160s range. I got a bit overconfident thinking I could easily get into the 170s (haha, clearly I'm still here so that didn't work). This is all the advise I would have given to myself last year and what I am doing right now as well:

1) Do logic games, atleast 4 games or 1section each day. More the better, of course. Do one LR section timed and blind review as well. This just has been helping me so much. Other days, I do LG and RC sections. I switch back and forth between LR and RC, but it helps to get more data to input into analytics to see weak areas, and then improve from there by drilling the certain questio types.

This is a hard test. It is going to depend on how you scored on your first diagnostic, how you score after you finish the CC, and then how much more you improve from there. I would suggest that keep studying for the LR and progress through that. At the same time, you need to do the basic logic lesson and advanced logic lesson. Once you understand the idea of "or" "Not Both" and others...then you can progress to the Logic Games! You need to make sure you go through all those logic games lessons. At the same time, keep studying for the LR.

Once you have finished the lessons of the Logic Games, you are going to print off the the logic games bundle which has EVERY game from tests 1-35. Now those games, you want to do atleast 1 game EVERY DAY. Make piles, time yourself, repeat the ones you miss, continue the next day, and don't stop. The piles get bigger, it gets frusterating, keep watching the videos, and you will be fine.

For the logic games, it will just click because they just are repeated over and over. The Logical Reasoning is a bit more challenging for me though. You want to make sure you don't skip through videos because the way JY explains the WRONG answers is so much more helpful than just getting the RIGHT answer right. You want to know why something is wrong, how that wrong answer could have been correct, and how it may be the correct answer in future logical reasoning questions.

Once the LR is done, the logic games are still in process, then just take a breath and take your first Preptest after the course. This gives you more of a rubric to go off from because you learn what areas you're still weak in. This time you DRILL those areas, such as flaw quesitons or strengthen questions. You will get better slowly. Don't forget to BR all of these.

Now as you're studying, drilling, doing logic games, then work on the RC and just try to see how JY does it. Look at different strategies and implement those. Depending on that, you want to take the test! I went from a 144 (i think? maybe 143? idk) to a 162-165 in about 3.5 months. I am still studying and trying to take my time with the course, and am hoping to get a 170 by July. I definetly think you can get into the 160s, but it's going to be ridiculous amount of work! It will all be worth it though!

• flower93flower93 Alum Member
    45 karma

@Princess WOW! Thank you so much for all of the advice. I have completed the LR section, and am feeling really good about how it went. I am going to take your suggestions and try them out moving forward. I will let you know how it goes :smile: I am almost done the LG section of the CC. Am planning on writing in June, and I know it is going to be a lot of hard work up until then. Best of luck to you in all of your studies.