Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
in General 239 karma
The method on 7sage seems like it would work, but I have some concerns. This is a category i'm having trouble with improving on. From what I understand, 7sage suggests you should go over the games once you finish, then keep reviewing it until you have it down 100%. I've seen the "Fool Proof Method", but I was wondering if on the LSAT I take in June, is there only a certain number of ways games are portrayed, that can be solved with a set number of methods? This is hard to explain, but if I memorize how to do the LG on the 70-74 PT should I be pretty solid for the LSAT?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    no its not just that its practice... memorizing key steps is one thing but being exposed to a variety of games is another... it allows you to not only apply your skills to a variety of scenarios... but also gives you the depth that you need in your practice... 5 sets of games just won't cut it... a person won't get good at them till they do on an average 30 - 40 different sets...
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    The games can be portrayed infinitely... but the tools for solving them are a few... however, you need to apply them in a wide variety of situations. Even then, you won't exhaust all renditions of the various game types in 5 sets.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I second what @"Nilesh S" said. There are many different ways the questions can be portrayed, but at their core they are the same. In/Out, Grouping, Sequencing, etc. Once you get the fundamentals down it gets easier. Also, don't worry about memorizing how a game plays out, eventually you will and that's a good thing, because you'll recognize the same pattern on other LG and you will be able to solve them with accuracy/speed.
  • fifthendingfifthending Alum Member
    154 karma
    It's more about memorizing the method with which you approach certain questions. 7sage drills practice because you'll notice that the type of LG questions are all the same, it's just the actual sequence, rules etc. that are different. So with practice, you begin to remember the way to approach certain question types and then you're set for those questions regardless of the sequence or rules involved :)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    ^ agree with the above comments. Once you see certain LGs you'll notice that you'll know how to do them because you've done others that are similar.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    @fifthending Thank you, that clears it up better than anyone else