Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Warm-up... - 7Sage Forum

Warm-up...

nordeendnordeend Alum Member
in General 349 karma
Hello everybody,

I often struggle at the beginning of my studies. Some of the time I seem to become mentally alert quickly and other times it takes me awhile to reach my optimal attentiveness. It is often discouraging as when I am very alert I do extremely well (missing zero questions) and a lot worse when I am not. Is the inconsistency normal? How do you guys prepare to study/take PTs? I find that my comprehension is very high and maybe this is just a speed issue....I am not exactly sure what the cause of my inconsistency is but I am sure that I want to eliminate it. Any suggestions/encouragement is appreciated.

I really want to score in the 170s,

Thanks

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Maybe start out with LG first? Those usually get me in study mode.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    well if its studying just jump in and you'll get there, as for taking PT's you can try doing a game, a passage and like 5/6 LR questions b4 hand (more/less depending on how you warm up) without grading/reviewing them (would suggest going back and doing that after the PT)
  • JWEdgar80JWEdgar80 Alum Member
    31 karma
    I've found that doing a couple of LR questions prior to doing a PT or doing a BR of an old test before a PT is extremely helpful. I just about won't take a PT without some sort of warm up.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 7965 karma
    Maybe try warming up with what I call "daily packets."

–2 Pages of LR (about 6-8 questions) from the beginning of a section that you've already done
    –1 game you've already done
    –1 RC passage you've already done

And start with the section you like least, end with your favorite—so you will be in an "I Love LSAT" kind of mood heading into the PT ... :-D

This is what I do every night to keep my "muscle memory" fresh as well as to warm up before PT's. I either take one PT on Fri/Sat/Sun (each day) or 1 on Fri/Sun and 2 on Saturday. I start with some blind review and follow with the daily packet right before the test. I do one retake (61 this Friday), one fresh PT (doing 43 this next Saturday with @emli1000 's BR group), and one super old but fresh test (7 this Sunday).