Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations for mental warm-up on test day?

Tristan MTristan M Alum Member
in General 71 karma
hey everyone,

I'm curious about what a good mental warm-up would consist of on test day? Obviously, it's critical to conserve one's mental energy for the test. There are also those who require no warm-up at all. But, personally, I find it necessary to warm-up as it takes me time to regulate my focus. Any experiences/recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    1 game/1 passage/10 random questions from an LR section is my go to when I actually do a warmup.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    Dino game!!!!!
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Really interested as to what others are doing in this regard as well. I never do any questions prior to taking a timed PT and wonder if this could negatively impact my score?
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    I would recommend a warm-up that gets you ready and pumped to take the test. Ready, as in switching your brain on to critical reading/thinking mode, and pumped, as in feeling great about your abilities.

For me, that meant doing a favorite LG section, a favorite RC passage, and the first 10 questions of an LR section.

I spent the rest of the morning before the test getting my head in the game -- eating well and thinking positive thoughts. I went into the test with a better mindset than I'd ever had before a PT.