Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlist

alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member

So I recently got waitlisted at my top choice. I guess it is better than a no!

I just had a quick question, will the schools ever tell you that you are rejected, or is it just assumed when the first day starts?

I am fine with going to my second choice, I just feel nervous about signing a lease and trying to figure out everything about moving to a new city with the potential of being taken off the waitlist for my first choice.

Thanks,
Alyssa

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

They will release people over time if they feel they have reached a point in admissions where they won’t need you to fill a spot.

This could go all the way up until school starts though - it can be a long wait. Lol

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Schools will notify applicants when the class is closed. This could be after orientation begins in mid-to-late August. Whether you put everything on hold or proceed with your second choice while waiting out a waitlist situation is up to you. Schools may try to work with some applicants, but it really depends on what the school's needs are in putting together their incoming class. Student have been known to start orientation at one school and finish orientation at another school. Good luck!