Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was consistently scoring 170s on PTs for the last 2 months but dropped this month before June test

cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
in General 917 karma

I was taking the tests in order, I skipped (1-13) and everything was going fine until I got to test 55. I took PTs 55-60 this month and my score completely tanked. Im getting near 165 and when im lucky I get 168. I've noticed that the tests were starting to get really weird. Games got a lot harder, there was the annoying "dinosaur game" and "bus game". But what really caused my score to sink the most was the RC. I always averaged around -4 on RC and now my range from these last 6 tests were -5 to -10. With LR, I still maintained -4.

I think RC changed drastically because there used to only be just a few inference or most strongly supported questions and now it seems like they put a lot more on the RC section and they made those question types the hardest. During BR, i reread the passage many times and I still end up missing a few of those inference or most strongly supported questions.

Is it normal for my score to drop this much when I encounter newer PTs?

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I would say yes these drops are normal however you need to expose yourself so the more recent pts before you take the real deal in June. Thankfully the problems you’re facing with LG probably won’t be much of an issue because the most recent Pts have had easier LG but people tend to struggle a bit with the new LR at first. That being said, you’re still scoring really high so don’t be discouraged! I’d try a PT in the 80s and see how that goes.

• Jane_lsatJane_lsat Free Trial Member
    152 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" Are PTs in the 80s different from those in 70s? If so, how different? Thanks.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@Jane_lsat said:
    @"Pride Only Hurts" Are PTs in the 80s different from those in 70s? If so, how different? Thanks.

I think if there are differences, then they are very subtle. I feel like the LR in the 80s are filled with more fluff. So the extra words can be overwhelming if you don’t know how to sift through them and find your premises and conclusions. But remember what I experience may be different from what you experience. You may not even notice a change.