Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pencils for June LSAT

Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
in General 266 karma

What kind of pencils are allowed?

Do they need to be wood pencils or can they be lead pencils that are no. 2?

Comments

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    edited May 2019 550 karma

@"Mario Robo" number 2 pencils only no mechanical lead pencils are allowed

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma
  • AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited May 2019 2689 karma

I second Black Ticonderogas. They are my pencil of choice, hands down.
    And just sharpen and bring the whole pack. Don't bring a pencil sharpener. It's messy, and during the test, kills way too much time. Just bring a ton of them. Worst case, you have way too many and you make friends with people who forgot their pencils.

• Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
    266 karma

Thanks everyone!

550 karma

What does the Black Ticonderoga have that regular number 2s don't have, and how will that help during testing? Im just curious lol

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I never understood the black myself. I like the classic Ticonderogas! Is there anything different about the black besides color? The regular ol' yellow ones are cheaper so I always bought those!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Oh and a note - if you bring a sharpener, it must also be manual!! No electric/battery powered sharpeners.

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Oh and a note - if you bring a sharpener, it must also be manual!! No electric/battery powered sharpeners.

I actually whittle my pencils so that I can customize their tip length. Now they are never too long (just begging to snap during a crucial LG bubbling sesh) or obnoxiously short (a la golf pencil). One caveat is that it takes a lot of time to master. You're going to need to pencil in some time during LSAT prep to get it down but it'll be worth it in the long run.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

The Black Ticonderogas have just a little bit softer lead. I never had one break, and that softness makes filling in bubbles faster. However, the tips go dull faster and you'll need like three of them with good edges to do the writing portion (although, that's not really an issue anymore, since that's all computerized).

550 karma

@AudaciousRed got it thanks for the explanation!