Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC GPA

Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
edited June 2019 in Law School Admissions 264 karma

Hi all!

I am wondering when do you start sending transcript to LSAC and get to know your LSAC GPA?
- Do I need to wait until I start applying ? and how long it takes for you to get your LSAC GPA?
- Also, I studied at two CC (first two year )and transferred to university (later two years), do I have to submit three schools' transcripts?
- Does LSAC Average out these three schools' GPA?

Thank you!

Comments

• lsatstudy18lsatstudy18 Alum Member
    156 karma

I would send them now, especially if you've graduated from undergrad. It's best to have everything in and ready before you apply.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

You'll get to see your LSAC GPA after they've received all of your transcripts and you've paid for CAS. I have my transcripts in, but since I haven't paid for CAS yet I don't have an LSAC GPA. To echo the above advice, it's better to do things ahead of time. When everybody is trying to use LSAC in a couple months their processing time might be a little slower.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

The summer is a great time to get your transcripts and LORs requested and submitted to LSAC. If you want to apply early in the application cycle, like October, you can control your submission date rather than having to wait for that late LOR or transcript to be received in order for your file to be complete.

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:
    The summer is a great time to get your transcripts and LORs requested and submitted to LSAC. If you want to apply early in the application cycle, like October, you can control your submission date rather than having to wait for that late LOR or transcript to be received in order for your file to be complete.

How does LSAC translate my GPA from three different schools? do they use different way to calculate community college's GPA?

Thank you all for answering my questions!

2037 karma

For an explanation of how LSAC calculates GPA, see https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/transcript-summarization. You have to submit records of every post-high school credit earned. If your CC credits go towards earning your undergraduate GPA, they will be treated the same way as any other college credits.

• 42 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:
    For an explanation of how LSAC calculates GPA, see https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/transcript-summarization. You have to submit records of every post-high school credit earned. If your CC credits go towards earning your undergraduate GPA, they will be treated the same way as any other college credits.

I attended a college for literally a week and then dropped out due to personal reasons, would I still need to get transcripts from this school and send it into LSAC.

2037 karma

If you were enrolled at an institution and withdrew, you would have to provide transcripts. See https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting. Even if your transcript shows an incomplete or a withdrawn, you still need to submit.

264 karma

Thank you all for answering my questions!

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

It depends how much money you’re ready to fork over to CAS for the “privilege” of having them put your transcripts into a spreadsheet and mess with your GPA.

264 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    It depends how much money you’re ready to fork over to CAS for the “privilege” of having them put your transcripts into a spreadsheet and mess with your GPA.

as much as I can LOL