Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice: Should I do Sept or Oct?

Donotdisturb26Donotdisturb26 Alum Member
in General 161 karma

I am still 10 points away from my goal score. Should I do Sept or Oct I am not sure if its enough time?

I work 35 hours a week so I get most of my studying Fri-Sunday Mon-Thur I try to get 2-3 hours depends.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would lean towards October, but I’d say it depends on what your goal score. A jump from 145-155 or even 155-165 is going to be a whole lot easier than 160-170. If you are low on logic games, you can definitely scoop up 5-10 points there in a month. I think it also depends on how much you’ve already studied. Are you a beginner, or are you prone to burnout right now?

• Donotdisturb26Donotdisturb26 Alum Member
    161 karma

@MissChanandler I’ve been in this journey on and off. I took July 2018 (worse mistake) but I started studying real hard since January of this year and took March so I took a break and went back to study mode in mid May. I like games score is usually -5 or -6 I just don’t like conditioning. I am ok with LR and RC is my weakness.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would go for October then! If you have your other application materials ready to go, you'll still be in great shape as far as timing goes

161 karma

@MissChanandler yes I have everything ready to go. I actually applied this cycle but I think it was too late I got denied by both of my top schools. Plus my score didn’t help as much as I would of liked :( thanks for the advice !

• CoffeeEnthusiastCoffeeEnthusiast Alum Member
    211 karma

But.. Why not both?

161 karma

@chenyu_1995 I feel September is right around the corner. I’m scared I’ll be rushing.