Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to 7Sage

bennn LSATbennn LSAT Core Member
edited July 2019 in General 96 karma

Hi, I’ve been studying for the LSAT for 1.5 months now. I finished all three PowerScore Bibles and just started going through Fox’s LR Encyclopedia that drills LR in PTs 40-60 (haven’t even gone through half of this book yet, his explanations are bad). I’ve also been trying to foolproof LG, but I’ve only done about 10 so far and have noticed some improvement; I believe more improvement will come with time as I go through more foolproofing.

I have PTs 19-72. My diagnostic score was 143 on PT 19. After 1.5 months of doing the above, my score on PT 63 was 148 with a BR score of 158.

I initially wanted to take the LSAT in September and October to apply for this upcoming cycle, but I feel that postponing it would benefit me more. I’m willing to take a gap year and work full time as I will be graduating from undergrad in December. I’m aiming for a 170+ and will probably take the LSAT sometime in early 2020.

My question is, which 7Sage package should I get?

I plan to study 4-5 hours per day almost every day of the week and more on weekends as I’m working full time now.

What PTs would be left over/fresh to use after completing the course?

Also, how long would it take to go through the course curriculum? I plan to spend the time after the course for PTs.

One concern I have is that if I get a certain package, what if the video explanations or drills are useless to me because I’ve already been exposed to those materials from my previous study in PowerScore and Fox’s Encyclopedia (PTs 40-60, but again I have barely gone through this).

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think it really just depends on how much you can afford/are willing to spend. I would recommend the Ultimate. The core curriculum takes two to three months to complete, and there are no questions in the drill sets or lessons that would ruin recent (60s+) PTs. I think that even if you have been exposed to the questions, unless you fully understand them the video explanations will help you immensely. I'm not sure what your goals are, but I think a gap year sounds like a great idea (especially if you're graduating in December- it's really only like half a gap year).

As a side note, I would caution against spending 35+ hours per week on the LSAT at this stage. It's a long haul, and that's a recipe for burnout. It's very subjective of course, but I would recommend two hours a day on weekdays and then four or five hours (not all in one sitting) on Saturday OR Sunday, and make sure that you have one day per week where you do absolutely nothing LSAT related.

• bennn LSATbennn LSAT Core Member
    edited July 2019 96 karma

@MissChanandler Thanks for the advice. I truly appreciate it.

Just for clarification, I would be graduating in December 2019, and then applying in September 2020, which means I wouldn’t actually be in law school until August 2021. So this would essentially be a 1.5 year long gap. I will be working full time throughout this period though.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

@Alchemy98 Sorry, I misunderstood!