Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick BR question!

ilovethelsatilovethelsat Member
in General 348 karma

Hi All,

Quick Blind Review question: I'm shooting for the September LSAT and the way I've set up my schedule right now is practice exam, followed by 3 BR days, followed by a day off, followed by exam, etc. It's my first week following this schedule and I'm noticing that 3 days (~3/4 hours per day) is actually not enough of BR for me. I take a really long time to write out explanations for all the questions I've flagged, and then I watch J.Y.'s video explanations on questions I'm not too sure of. I'm trying to be as meticulous as possible and to really document every part of my thought process in order to better identify traps and other details. My question is: is it worth taking that fourth day (that's supposed to be a no-LSAT day) to BR instead? So the new schedule would be, exam, 4 BR days, exam, 4 BR days, etc etc. I don't want to feel rushed during BR but I also don't want to risk burning out in the long-run if I get rid of my no-LSAT days.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• berathocamberathocam Alum Member
    164 karma

You would receive much better answers if you could tell us a little bit about yourself? For example, what is your score right now? what is your BR score? what are your weaknesses? is time an issue? But, in any case, I for one think that there is no such thing as too much time for BR. If you need 1 week for a BR and you think it is necessary then take your time. In my opinion, less PTs more BR is the way to go.

• ilovethelsatilovethelsat Member
    348 karma

@berathocam Thanks for that! I just graduated from a top 10 school with a 3.87 GPA unweighted (before factoring in A+s), so I'm shooting for a T14 law school. Right now, I'm at about 160-165, but would like to make a 15-20 point jump to mid-170s. BR score is high 160s/low 170s. My weaknesses are several: First, when I do individual timed sections, I score really well, but when I sit down and take a full length practice exam, things feel very out of control and I do significantly worse. So I think timing/pacing is a big issue for me, and there's also a psychological factor. I don't really panic, but I do feel more pressure when I'm taking an exam as opposed to doing an individual section. Second, focus is an issue. It's hard for me to maintain focus for 3 consecutive sections before the 15 min break. Third, my RC is pretty bad because I spend way too much time on the questions so I usually run out by the fourth passage. LG section is pretty good. LR - I get very hung up on the difficult questions as opposed to skipping them, so I guess that's part of my pacing issue. Those are the main weaknesses.