Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score comparison on timed section vs. PT

spinosanspinosan Alum Member
in General 187 karma

I just took my first practice test two days ago and my score was significantly lower than when I take timed sections. Even the first section was low comparatively.

What I mean by this is: timed LR section I've been around -3. But on my PT I was just about -6 on each section. Just curious if this score discrepancy occurs for others as well? If so, does it mean anything? tests I used for sections and prep tests were 48 and 51, respectively.

Comments

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

This is totally normal. First, you knew mentally that you were going to do a full length practice test so perhaps more nervous or anxious in the first section and made mistakes you may not have made. Secondly, doing the whole test is really a test in mental endurance. It is much harder to do a full test particularly under actual simulated test conditions. If you can continue to try to take full length practice tests on a regular basis you will build up endurance.

• spinosanspinosan Alum Member
    187 karma

Thank you @FindingSage ! Hopefully I see some improvements as I add in some more tests

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Your welcome! I am sure you will. The test really does take a lot of mental endurance. I took the July test which was supposed to start at 12:30. My center had the digital test so everything was slow. By the time I left it was almost 5:00 pm. I was exhausted! I am planning on retaking October so I still have alot to learn in terms of timing and endurance as well.