Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

173 for NYU?

LizibethBennetLizibethBennet Alum Member
in General 44 karma

Hello! I just received my LSAT score from July (173!) and I was hoping to get some advice about my next steps. I hope to attend NYU law school as I want to go into public interest law. Although I received a 173 on the LSAT I went to university in Scotland and therefore I do not have a GPA. I received a first class degree which I believe translates to a superior even though I still have to have my application formally evaluated. I was wondering if I should retake in September or if my score means that I am pretty safe for NYU. I would love to hear your feedback! Thank you!

Comments

• mollyt615mollyt615 Alum Member
    3 karma

My friend is off to this year for public interest and she got a 173, she went to Cornell undergrad. She got a full scholarship for public interest. I'd say you've got a great chance of getting in.

• CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
    edited August 2019 148 karma

I have the exact same question with the exception of me getting a 172, but I also don't have a GPA and would like to go to NYU in public interest.

Sorry to piggyback. Congrats!

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Congrats score twin! Perfect your essays and you’ll have plenty of amazing opportunities!

• LizibethBennetLizibethBennet Alum Member
    44 karma

Congrats everyone!

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

You should be in good shape for NYU. I got into NYU four years ago (pursued a PhD instead) with a 166 and applying late. I imagine that a 173 will be plenty. If memory serves, you can also explain the GPA situation on the application. Good luck and congrats on the great score!