Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apply early or retake LSAT in Oct/Nov?

Folso102Folso102 Yearly Member
edited August 2019 in General 61 karma

hello! I have a 3.73 GPA and just got a 158 LSAT on the July test. I have been PTing pretty consistently in the 157-160 range so this was expected---but now my question is, do I study extra hard these next 2 months and push for a couple more points to MAYBE hit that 160 (I say maybe because I work 55 hours a week now that I graduated), or should I get all my apps in by early OCT and try to get in that way?

So basically, is it better to apply later but with the POSSIBLE chance of a 160, or apply ASAP in oct with a 158?

According to the 7sage predictor, my chances are better by about 15% if I apply now with a 158 even if I did hit that 160 but applied in Dec. Has anybody else had a similar experience in their cycles?

***EDIT: I'm at 75 percentile GPA and 25 percentile LSAT for most schools right now, making me a reverse splitter.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It entirely depends on your goal school. Is 160 the median of a school you really want to go to, or is it an arbitrary number?

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

This really depends on what school you want to attend. You can get some serious gainz with 2 more months of studying. I really think you could break 162+ in 2 months, but I do realize you work 60 hours a week which takes away from quality study time.

Bottom line: depends on desired school. If, for example, your school's 75th LSAT is lets say 158? You could be looking at some money if you dropped 162+. (assuming you are also in there 50 to 75 GPA range)

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

This is a solid score to have on record and maybe more PTs and BRs can help to plan next steps. I'd vote that yes, this gain is definitely possible with continued studying. Don't give up. Also, your GPA is competitive and very high. Good work.