Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do LSAT writers re-use questions for LR?

DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member

While I am in the progress of attempting all the PrepTests and i'm nearing completion, I swear that I have seen the same questions in other tests or similar reiterations of such. Am I delusional at this point, or is there some type of validity in what I'm seeing?

Comments

• chloe222chloe222 Alum Member
    76 karma

Nope, they never re-use!

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I've noticed they put some of the same stories. Like I think i've seen similar stories about honeybees. But I don't think word for word the same question.

• billymadisonbillymadison Alum Member
    40 karma

I've taken the LSAT twice and both times there was a LR question straight from an old reading comp. passage. Both times that section was my ungraded LR section.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@chloe222 I just did the LG for PrepTest 11 for the first time and the third game has definitely been used before, however it was a reiteration not a complete duplicate. I've noticed this with LR for sure but not with RC yet.

@billymadison Does this mean that if we see a question that has been used before it is the experimental? :open_mouth:

@cooljon525 I have for sure seen the same or same storyline in LR questions but RC yet.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Simply put, they never use identical questions BUT logic/patterns/structures repeat all the time. This applies to RC and LG as well. It's the same clothing but colored differently.

• billymadisonbillymadison Alum Member
    40 karma

Idk, I would still take every section seriously because you never know. Plus you don't want to rely on your memory, you could have seen a similar question in a section prior, not on a prior lsat test. The test is so mentally draining that it's very hard to keep track of every question.

• 776 karma

I do not think I have ever come across a question where the structure, their method of reasoning has ever been not the same. I think what I should also state here is that trying to see & find patterns in the LSAT is probably one of the toughest things to do and what top LSAT takers have in their back pocket.

For example, PT 34 S2 Q2 is an SA question they do the exact same technique for PT 48 S4 Q8. LIKE 10000% the same thing... if you see what they did here (comes after a huge amount of practice and "really" knowing how to break apart LR questions) - this question literally will take 25 seconds.

But yes simply put, the LSAT writers are not sitting in a room and thinking about new ways think f'up students LOL. They use the same stuff - but probably have some next level version of Thesauras.com access LOOOL....

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Nope. But you are seeing the patterns reused in questions over and over again. This is good. Honestly, there are only so many ways you can make a one-to-one lineup game or ask a strengthening question. After hundreds or thousands of questions, you've pretty much seen them all, just with different names. If you are going "Hey.. this Q is exactly like this other Q..." and you can answer it quickly, your practice is paying off!

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@AudaciousRed @Trusttheprocess I'm not talking about patterns, I see patterns in every PrepTest I take since I've taken 6-87. Im talking about the same subject matter and having it worded ALMOST the same but the question type might be different. There was a logic game that I took recently it was from an older test and it was the EXACT same game from the official LSAT like three LSATs ago. This LSAT might have been undisclosed which is why we don't see it here. I'm thinking that the undisclosed tests have more freedom to reuse questions. Since the ones we get here are the disclosed tests we are not as likely to see reused questions on them. Either way I might be delusional at this point but I just thought it was interesting :neutral: