Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it normal to score higher in recent LR sections than earlier ones?

DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member

Im super confused as to why I score 1-3 on more recent LRs from PrepTests (60ish+) as compared to earlier ones (25ish and below). I also find the LR questions from earlier LSATS much harder than the later ones. Can someone tell me if this is normal?

Comments

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

I think it depends on the person. I find, in general, there are less confusing stimuli on newer tests but the newer tests also have more traps. As far as I can tell, that is the trade off.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@zacharytsmith26 I agree, the stimulus in the earlier tests are way more difficult to parse out in my opinion as well.

• christinagomez7738christinagomez7738 Alum Member
    120 karma

I agree, I feel like earlier LSATS were way more difficult and convoluted (LR and the games). When I do PTs from the 90's or early 2000's I get a completely different challenge compared to the newer ones which I find to be more straightforward, I thought I was the one of the only people who noticed that haha. Older practice tests are really good for practice though.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@christinagomez7738 The logic games I can manage on the earlier tests but the LR on those is something that feels foreign to me compared to the newer ones. Thank god i'm not the only one I was starting to doubt my abilities lol. I do agree that the newer ones are way more straight forward and the earlier ones are 1000% different challenges. :smiley: