Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to study LG after September test

I am a test taker whose native language is not English, I have studied this test for about 4 months starting the end of May, LR is especially difficult for me, I have done the LR ranging from -3 to -9, which is not really good . The only section that has clicked with me is the LG section, after doing around LG sections for around 50 PTs, I have been consistently getting -1 or -0. I have done 10PT LG sections from PT40-50 two days before the September exam and get almost all -0. Then I bombed the LG on the actual test, I think it is really difficult, maybe the most difficult I have ever seen. After finishing the first game, I have already spent 9 or 10 minutes, i started to panic, the second game and the third game seems especially hard, I did some initial setup and cannot see many inferences, I start to skip games to the final one and finished that one with little time left, I think I guessed around 8 questions randomly in the final minute. Maybe the reason I did not feel too depressing is because it is my first official test, I just want some experience. But the LG section definitely made me fearful afterwards. Usually LG is the section that I count on to minimize the total errors for other sections.
If LSAC continue to be like this, I know I would never finish a section like this no matter what, But I just want to do my best as a foreign test taker.
What do you guys thinks starting from this point on? How do you plan to drill your LG sections? Do you guys think that picking 4 hardest games from certain PTs and make them a problem set and start drilling them within 35 minutes would work?

Comments

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

I didn't take the September test but your story seems to be the norm. I would be surprised if what happened in September is a new trend. Every once in a while they do this, where they give a section like that. A lot of people here on 7sage are able to figure out logic games but that is not the norm out there, it is generally considered the hardest section for people.

• 70 karma

@zacharytsmith26 said:
    I didn't take the September test but your story seems to be the norm. I would be surprised if what happened in September is a new trend. Every once in a while they do this, where they give a section like that. A lot of people here on 7sage are able to figure out logic games but that is not the norm out there, it is generally considered the hardest section for people.

I think what makes the Sep crazy difficult is that we are given the worst possible combination of the types of games. 1. Miscellaneous. 2. Grouping Misc. (flowers). and 3. Linear with a twist (circular).

• GoldDiamondGoldDiamond Alum Member
    53 karma

They really did give us a tough games section. I wouldn't worry about it too much, from what I heard from some friends, is they usually make the games section in the September LSAT really difficult for a few reasons. I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think and if you do time yourself with 4 difficult games in one section that should definitely help you speed up for the next LSAT.

• ldr1026615ldr1026615 Alum Member
    12 karma

I am also a foreign language test taker. Your story is exactly what happened to me on July’s test. After July i start to focus on LG, not the easy ones but the brutal games. You can google the hardest LG for practice. I collected these games and created a problem set and try to finish each game in 9min. Hope this will be helpful!

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

@zmy20093238648 said:

@zacharytsmith26 said:

I think what makes the Sep crazy difficult is that we are given the worst possible combination of the types of games. 1. Miscellaneous. 2. Grouping Misc. (flowers). and 3. Linear with a twist (circular).

Did it start with a miscellaneous games? Miscellaneous games can be the easiest or the hardest games but either way it would be kind of shocking to start a section with it. I've never seen that before.